Knowing and understanding key skincare ingredients is important in building the best skincare routine for your skin type. Discover our range of premium skincare products by their star ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, Retinol, Vitamin C and more.
- Bioderma Sebium Serum 30mlSpecial Price £21.00 Regular Price £28.00
- Vida Glow Age Defiance Eye Contour Cream 15mlSpecial Price £52.00 Regular Price £65.00
- Vida Glow Age Defiance Hydra Memory Cream 50mlSpecial Price £56.00 Regular Price £70.00
- La Roche-Posay Hydraphase HA UV SPF 25 Rich Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £20.50 Regular Price £25.00
- La Roche-Posay Hydraphase HA UV SPF 25 Light Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £20.50 Regular Price £25.00
- Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler Night Cream Refill 50mlSpecial Price £24.00 Regular Price £30.00
- Eucerin Urea Repair Plus 5% Urea Lotion 250mlSpecial Price £12.40 Regular Price £15.50
- The Nue Co. The Pill 30mlSpecial Price £52.00 Regular Price £65.00
- The Nue Co. Topical- C 15mlSpecial Price £32.00 Regular Price £40.00
- Vida Glow Age Defiance Rapid Renewal Serum 30mlSpecial Price £56.00 Regular Price £70.00
- CeraVe Moisturising Cream with Pump 454gSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £17.00
- Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler Day Cream SPF15 Refill 50mlSpecial Price £24.00 Regular Price £30.00
- CeraVe Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF30 52mlSpecial Price £11.63 Regular Price £15.50
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light Cream 30mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream 30mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- Avene Hyaluron Activ B3 Multi-Intensive Night Cream 40mlSpecial Price £29.25 Regular Price £39.00
- Avene Hyaluron Activ B3 Triple Correction Eye Cream 15mlSpecial Price £22.50 Regular Price £30.00
- Avene Hyaluron Activ B3 Cell Renewal Day Cream 50mlSpecial Price £28.50 Regular Price £38.00
- Clarins Hydra-Essentiel [HA2] Night Cream 50mlSpecial Price £34.50 Regular Price £40.00
- La Roche-Posay Baby Cicaplast B5+ Baume 100mlSpecial Price £13.50 Regular Price £18.00
- Esthederm Intensive Vitamin C² Dual Concentrate 10mlSpecial Price £28.00 Regular Price £35.00
- CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum 30mlSpecial Price £15.75 Regular Price £21.00
- CeraVe Blemish Control Gel 40mlSpecial Price £10.88 Regular Price £14.50
- CeraVe Blemish Control Cleanser 236mlSpecial Price £9.75 Regular Price £13.00
- Elizabeth Arden Retinol Ceramide Line Erasing Eye Cream 15mlSpecial Price £40.00 Regular Price £50.00
All you need to know about Skincare Ingredients
What serums can you not mix?
If you are using any retinol treatments, it is better to avoid using ingredients like Vitamin C, and AHA and BHA exfoliators. Vitamin C and retinol are two powerful active ingredients which focus on separate concerns. Therefore, layering these skincare ingredients on top of each other is likely to damage the skins natural barrier and cause irritation, whilst reducing their effectiveness. Retinol speeds up our skin cell renewal and chemical exfoliators work to exfoliate the skins surface and pores. When these ingredients are mixed, they can be very irritating and damaging to the skin.
What ingredient is good for dark spots?
There are several skincare ingredients that you can focus on when wanting to fade dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and acne scarring. Retinol is a great ingredient to consider as it speeds up the skin cell renewal process, fading and smoothing out the outer layer of the skin. Vitamin C is a popular skin-brightening ingredient, it helps to boost overall radiance leaving you with a more even skin one. Chemical exfoliators like Glycolic Acid (AHA) can work to exfoliate dead skin cells for clear, smooth skin. Likewise, Salicylic acid (BHA) works deep within the skin to unclog pores and regulate oil production, thus preventing breakouts that can leave dark spots and scarring.
What ingredient is good for dry skin?
It is important to include both moisturising and hydrating skincare ingredients in your routine if you have dry skin. Humectants such as Hyaluronic Acid are the perfect ingredient for keeping your skin hydrated. Humectants work as a moisture magnet by attracting and retaining moisture within the skin. Other ingredients like Aloe Vera and Ceramides are also great for dry skin as they help to soothe and restore irritation that can come with dry skin.