Cleansers & Face Washes
Wash the day away (or get off to the right start in the morning) with our range of cleansers and face washes. These face cleansers tackle impurities and remove dirt and excess oil, leaving your skin feeling fresh, hydrated and glowing. Shop our range of facial cleansers, including foaming cleansers and micellar cleansing waters, and face washes, with options for dry, oil and combination sky types.
Items 1-32 of 172
- Bioderma Lipo Alcoholic Biphase Spray 100mlSpecial Price £6.40 Regular Price £8.00
- Elizabeth Arden Superstart Probiotic Cleanser Whip to Clay 125mlSpecial Price £17.60 Regular Price £22.00
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-Aging Treatment Boosting Cleanser 125mlSpecial Price £33.60 Regular Price £42.00
- Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Exfoliating Cleanser 125mlSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Replenishing Cleansing Oil 200mlSpecial Price £20.00 Regular Price £25.00
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Purifying Cream Cleanser 125mlSpecial Price £20.00 Regular Price £25.00
- Uriage Cleansing Cream 500ml£12.49
- Uriage Cleansing Oil 500ml£10.99
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Micellar Cleansing Water 200mlSpecial Price £7.60 Regular Price £9.50
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £7.60 Regular Price £9.50
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Refreshing Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Mild Cleansing Milk 200mlSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Micellar Solution 200mlSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Foaming Gel Cleanser 150mlSpecial Price £10.63 Regular Price £12.50
- CLn Acne Cleanser 100ml£25.50
- Bioderma Sensibio Mild Cleansing Foaming Gel 200mlSpecial Price £8.80 Regular Price £11.00
All you need to know about Cleansers & Face Washes
What is a cleanser used for?
Cleansers, or facial cleansers, are used to remove dirt, impurities (like pollution), oils and make-up from the skin. Face cleansers help to unclog pores, can help to prevent spot breakouts and alleviate acne. Landys' luxury range of cleansers includes: micellar cleansing water, face wash, cleansing oil (also known as facial oil) and foaming cleansers.
Are cleansers the same as face washes?
Cleansers and face washes are often used for the same reason: to wash off make-up, excess oil, grime and pollution. However, they achieve this cleansing action slightly differently. Cleansers dissolve oils and dirt to allow it to wash away and they tend to be more hydrating than face washes so can be used daily. A face wash has a built-in foaming action, helping it to cleanse more deeply, much like a soap – so shouldn't be used daily on the face as the skin is delicate.
What kind of cleanser should I use?
No two cleansers are the same, and it is important you decide on a cleanser that suits your unique skin type. Some people have dry skin, while others have more oil, and some have a combination of the two, or very sensitive skin. If you have dry skin, make sure to go for an oil-based cleanser or something very creamy or milky in consistency, so it isn't too harsh. If your skin is oily, a foamy cleanser that deeply cleanses pores is your best bet. Micellar water cleansers are good for many different skin types, too.
What is micellar water?
Micellar water, also known as micellar cleansing water, is a skincare product that aims to cleanse the skin by attracting dirt and oils so they can be washed away. It consists of purified water that contains suspended surfactant molecules, an active agent used in soaps. Micellar water is a dermatologist-approved kind of light cleanser.
What are cleansing oils?
Cleansing oils, sometimes called facial oils, are considered ‘good skin’ oils. They tend to contain antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients to nourish the skin while lifting away impurities, make-up and dirt – just like other cleansers. Cleansing oils differ from other cleansers in that they are not water-soluble, like foaming cleansers or cleansing gels, but oil based.