The fundamentals of hair care starts with shampoo. Hair shampoo not only keeps your hair clean and shiny, but it also removes oils and impurities, and helps you avoid excess build up of styling products. If you want to ensure your hair feels healthy and looks great too, then you need to buy the best shampoo.
Our range features luxury shampoos for every hair type – whether your hair is very thin, thick, curly, straight, needs volume or lacks moisture. We stock high-quality shampoos, including solid shampoo bars. Lather up and get ready to shine!
Items 1-32 of 88
- Phyto PhytoPhanere Fortifying Vitality Shampoo 250mlSpecial Price £8.80 Regular Price £11.00
- Phyto Phytolium+ Stimulating Shampoo 250mlSpecial Price £10.80 Regular Price £13.50
- Eucerin DermoCapillaire Calming Urea Shampoo 250mlSpecial Price £8.25 Regular Price £11.00
- Mustela Stelatopia Foam Shampoo 150mlSpecial Price £10.00 Regular Price £12.50
- Mustela Gentle Shampoo 500mlSpecial Price £9.56 Regular Price £11.95
- Phyto Phytokeratine Extreme Exceptional Shampoo 200mlSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- Phyto Phytosquam Anti-Dandruff Moisturising Maintenance Shampoo 250mlSpecial Price £13.60 Regular Price £17.00
- Phyto Phytosquam Anti-Dandruff Purifying Shampoo 250mlSpecial Price £13.60 Regular Price £17.00
- Phyto Phytosquam Intense Anti-Dandruff Intensive Treatment Shampoo 125mlSpecial Price £13.60 Regular Price £17.00
- Vichy Dercos Oil Control Shampoo 200mlSpecial Price £8.08 Regular Price £9.50
- Vichy Dercos Anti-Dandruff Shampoo for Dry to Normal Hair 200mlSpecial Price £8.08 Regular Price £9.50
- Vichy Dercos Anti-Dandruff Shampoo for Normal to Greasy Hair 200mlSpecial Price £8.08 Regular Price £9.50
- Phyto Phytovolume Shampoo 250mlSpecial Price £9.60 Regular Price £12.00
- Phyto PhytoArgent Brightening Shampoo 250mlSpecial Price £11.20 Regular Price £14.00
- Phyto PhytoJoba Moisturising Shampoo for Dry Hair 250mlSpecial Price £9.60 Regular Price £12.00
- Mustela Foam Shampoo for New Borns 150mlSpecial Price £6.36 Regular Price £7.95
- Mustela Gentle Shampoo 200mlSpecial Price £6.00 Regular Price £7.50
- Rene Furterer Karite Intense Nourishing Shampoo 150mlSpecial Price £17.60 Regular Price £22.00
All you need to know about Shampoo
Why is shampoo called shampoo?
The word shampoo comes from the Hindi word chhampo, meaning press or massage, and shampooing means to massage someone. At the time oils were used as part of bathing rituals. It's meaning developed over time to become not just cleansing with oils but washing in general, and then washing our hair specifically with shampoo.
Can I use soap to wash my hair?
You can use non-shampoo soap to wash your hair but it isn't recommended. Shampoos, be they liquid or solid shampoos, have been designed to work specifically with your hair.
Soap is designed to be used on the body, and is high in grease and oil removers, waxes and surfactants, which can strip hair of its natural oils and make it really dry. Some soaps can also coat the hair shaft in wax, making it look limp. Your hair has different needs to your skin, just as the skin on your face has slightly different nutrition and support needs to the skin on the rest of your body.
Washing your hair with soap rather than with a liquid shampoo is likely to leave it feeling dry and waxy. To get the best results, you should wash your hair with a high-quality shampoo formulated for your hair type, be that curly, thick or dry.
Is shampoo good for greasy hair?
Washing your hair with shampoo will help your hair feel less greasy. However, you don't want to shampoo too often and strip out the essential, natural oils that protect your hair from damage. One way to avoid drying out greasy hair is to use a good-quality shampoo that has been formulated for greasy hair.
Don't wash your hair more than twice a week. For greasy hair, use a mild shampoo as well as a nourishing conditioner to replenish lost nutrients. If you want to increase the amount of time between washes and you have oily hair, invest in a dry shampoo as this will help your scalp feel less greasy.
Should you shampoo your hair twice in one wash?
We are often told we need to rinse and then repeat a shampoo, but this depends on how dirty your hair is and its overall thickness and length. If you have lots of product in your hair, or you don't wash your hair very often, a second wash may be necessary. Usually, one wash is good enough to refresh it. Shampooing properly, carefully scrubbing your hair and scalp, is the best way to ensure you don't need to rinse and repeat.