Makeup For Eyes
- Klorane Eye Make-Up Remover Lotion with Cornflower 200ml£12.00
- Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara 4D Waterproof BlackSpecial Price £22.50 Regular Price £25.00
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Bold Defining Felt Tip EyelinerSpecial Price £15.20 Regular Price £19.00
- Lancome Le 8 Hypnose Mascara Serum-Infused Mascara 8mlSpecial Price £26.40 Regular Price £33.00
- Lancome Hypnose Volume-a-Porter Mascara Noir Intense 01Special Price £23.20 Regular Price £29.00
All you need to know about Eyes
How long should I keep my mascara for?
Just like the food we eat, our make-up products also have expiry dates. One of the most common causes of make-up related eye infections and skin inflammation is as a result of using expired products that should be thrown away. After a while, bacteria can start to build within your mascara tube. If you don't throw away your mascara in around three months from the date of purchase, it can become a breeding ground for all kinds of bacteria. Remember to throw out the old and purchase new mascaras regularly.
What should I apply first – mascara, eyeshadow or eyeliner?
When creating the perfect day-to-day eye make-up look, apply your eyeshadow first, to both the eyelid and beneath the eye on the lash line, and then apply your eyeliner (liquid or pencil). Finish with mascara to create a dramatic false lash effect.
How do I hide the wrinkles under my eyes with make-up?
Apply lots of moisturiser or eye cream under the eye to create a nice base and to keep the area under your eyes well hydrated. This will also help you to blend your concealer more easily. Apply a liquid or solid-based concealer and blend using fingers or a blending sponge. Using a damp sponge can give you a more even and smooth look, especially if you have very deep-set wrinkles.
How do I make the whites of my eyes brighter and wider?
Using a white eyeliner on the inner upper and lower waterlines can really open up your eyes and make the whites of your eyes appear brighter and larger. It can also be applied to the inner corners. For an even more dramatic look, swipe some pink blush across the apples of your cheeks and across the highest point of your brows, which will draw even more attention to your eyes.