Applying a toner to your skin is an important part of a healthy skincare routine. A good toner gives your skin a deep clean, eliminating shine, reducing the size of pores and keeping bacteria at bay that may cause blackheads. Toners also help to improve skin hydration levels and balance PH levels. Shop our range of toners from brands like Ren, Vichy and Elizabeth Arden.
Items 1-32 of 50
- Bioderma Sebium Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £8.25 Regular Price £11.00
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Purifying Toner 200mlSpecial Price £20.00 Regular Price £25.00
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Toner 200mlSpecial Price £7.13 Regular Price £9.50
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Clarifying Toner 200mlSpecial Price £6.75 Regular Price £9.00
- Vichy Purete Thermale Perfecting Toner 200mlSpecial Price £10.20 Regular Price £12.00
- Lancome Tonique Confort 400mlSpecial Price £34.80 Regular Price £43.50
- Lancome Tonique Confort 200mlSpecial Price £22.40 Regular Price £28.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Astringent Micro-Exfoliant Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £10.63 Regular Price £12.50
- Lancome Tonique Douceur 200mlSpecial Price £22.00 Regular Price £27.50
- Lancome Tonique Douceur 400mlSpecial Price £34.00 Regular Price £42.50
- Lancome Tonique Eclat 400mlSpecial Price £34.00 Regular Price £42.50
- La Roche-Posay Soothing Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £10.63 Regular Price £12.50
- Vichy Normaderm Purifying Pore-Tightening Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £11.05 Regular Price £13.00
- Lancome Absolue Precious Cells Rose Lotion 150mlSpecial Price £78.80 Regular Price £98.50
- Bioderma Atoderm SOS Spray 200mlSpecial Price £11.25 Regular Price £15.00
- Bioderma Atoderm SOS Spray 50mlSpecial Price £6.38 Regular Price £8.50
- Bioderma Hydrabio H2O Micelle Solution 500mlSpecial Price £12.08 Regular Price £16.10
- Bioderma Hydrabio H2O Micelle Solution 100mlSpecial Price £3.98 Regular Price £5.30
All you need to know about Toners
Does toner actually work?
Yes – you generally use a toner as a preparation step in your skincare routine. Toner is usually applied using a cotton pad after you have cleansed and exfoliated. It is applied before you apply moisturiser and serum. If you use toner at the end of the day, it can be surprising to discover how much dirt is found on the cotton pad. Toner also balances the skin's natural PH levels, and can help your moisturiser and serum to be absorbed more effectively into the skin.
I have dry skin – will a toner aggravate it?
Astringent toners can leave your skin feeling dry, because they contain alcohol which cleanses the pores and removes any excess oil. While this can make your skin feel fresh, it can also make it overly dehydrated. Thankfully, there are other hydrating and more gentle toners available on the market that are more suitable for dry skin.
Is there a right way to apply toner?
The most popular way to apply toner is to soak a cotton pad in it and then sweep it across your face. Another method is to directly apply it to the palms of your hands and then gently pat it all over your face. If your skin is more oily and prone to blemishes, you may want to opt for a cotton pad so that it picks up dirt and grime. If your skin is more dry, pressing toner into the skin with fingers can help with hydration.
I use a cleanser with a mild PH – do I still need toner?
Yes – even a gentle cleanser can affect the skin's natural moisture barrier. Cleansing can make skin dry, irritated and may cause break-outs. A toner can settle the skin and calm it down, while acting as a prep step before your moisturiser.