Make sure you get all the vitamins and minerals you need with our range of food supplements. Whether you want to ensure eye health, strong bones, beautiful hair, skin and nails, want to lose weight or need a meal replacement, our range of capsules, sprays and powders will give your body all the strength and nutrition it requires to stay in tip-top condition.
- Filter by Beauty Supplements: Hair, Skin & Nails Tablets
- Filter by Bone Health
- Filter by Brain Health
- Filter by Eye Care
- Filter by Fertility
- Filter by Food/Meal Replacement
- Filter by Immunity
- Filter by Joint Health
- Filter by Menopause
- Filter by Men's Health
- Filter by Mood Support
- Filter by Pregnancy
- Filter by Weight Management
Items 1-32 of 706
- A.Vogel Immune Support Tablets 30Special Price £11.00 Regular Price £12.95
- Bio-Kult Pregnea Capsules 60£17.99
- Klorane Keratin Caps 30£19.00
- Vital Proteins Marine Collagen Powder 221gSpecial Price £35.99 Regular Price £39.99
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides 284gSpecial Price £22.49 Regular Price £24.99
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides 567gSpecial Price £35.99 Regular Price £39.99
- Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen 341gSpecial Price £44.99 Regular Price £49.99
- Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer Coconut 293gSpecial Price £26.99 Regular Price £29.99
- Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer Vanilla 305gSpecial Price £26.99 Regular Price £29.99
All you need to know about Food Supplements
What is a good food supplement?
It is important to examine your diet carefully to see what kinds of vitamins and minerals you are getting on a daily basis. A healthy, balanced diet should be giving you all the nutrients you need, but sometimes this isn't possible due to ill health or dietary changes. Good food supplements to take include fish oil, as many of us do not get enough omega-3 fatty acids in our diets that can help with heart, brain and circulatory health. Vitamin D and magnesium are other important supplements that should be taken if you don't get enough sunlight and want to ensure that you have healthy bones and a strong nervous system. Finally, if you don't get much protein because you are vegan or vegetarian, a protein food supplement can ensure you are getting the important nutrients your body needs to ensure cell health (such as amino acids).
Can you replace food with food supplements?
Supplements are not supposed to replace food and a healthy, balanced diet. You can take a meal replacement supplement as part of a calorie-controlled diet (to lose weight, for example), but should make sure that you have discussed your plan with your GP or a nutritionist. Food supplements cannot replicate the way your body absorbs nutrients naturally from the food you eat, and are designed for short-term use only.
Are food supplements safe?
Food supplements sold in the UK are subject to strict safety regulations concerning the way they are made. Supplements sold by reputable retailers are safe, as long as the correct dosage is followed and you have consulted your GP before use.
Can food supplements help you to lose weight?
If you are taking food supplements like meal replacements to lose weight and body fat, this may help you achieve your goals. Keep in mind however that no food supplement is a good substitution for a nutritious diet that is high in vegetables, fruit, protein and whole grains. You shouldn't use food supplements to replace a healthy diet, skip meals or to rely on unhealthy foods.