Bath, Shower Products
- Clarins Eau Dynamisante Energising Fresh Shower Gel 200mlSpecial Price £24.50 Regular Price £27.00
- Roger & Gallet Fleur D'Osmanthus Wellbeing Soap 3 x 100g£16.50
- Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Perfumed Shower Gel 200mlSpecial Price £27.50 Regular Price £33.00
- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male All Over Shower Gel 200mlSpecial Price £24.50 Regular Price £28.00
- Eucerin AtoControl Bath and Shower Oil 20% Omega 400mlSpecial Price £14.00 Regular Price £17.50
- Vichy Homme Hydra Mag C Hair & Body Shower Gel 200mlSpecial Price £6.75 Regular Price £9.95
- La Roche-Posay Lipikar Surgras Lipid-Enriched Cleansing Bar 150gSpecial Price £4.88 Regular Price £6.50
All you need to know about Bath, Shower Products
Can I harm my skin by showering too much?
Showering and bathing doesn't damage the skin, but as a rule of thumb, you shouldn't bathe or shower any more than twice per day, as washing too much can upset the skin's natural balance and cause dryness. If you have particularly dry or sensitive skin, make sure you moisturise properly after bathing or showering, so that you are replacing any excess moisture.
What makes a good shower gel or body wash?
A good body wash should remove dirt and oils from the skin, without stripping it. A good shower wash should use mild surfactants (soaps), and be dermatologically tested. Check that the shower product you want to by is pH skin neutral, and is formulated with moisturising oils like macadamia, Argan or butters like Shea, as this will mean softer cleansing and better care for your skin. Avoid gels that are highly perfumed, as this may aggravate your skin.
How much bubble bath should I be using?
Too much soap can dry out your skin, and this is worth bearing in mind when most bathing products direct you to run the product 'liberally' under running water. A drizzle of around 30ml should be enough to produce mountains of foam for a soapy bath, but this will also depend on the amount of surfactants the product contains.
What gets you cleaner – a bath or a shower?
Showers are generally much cleaner than baths, as you are literally rinsing any dirt away and down the drain. When you sit in a bath, you are sitting in water that contains skin oils, sweat and dirt. If you are particularly dirty after doing activities like gardening or exercise for instance, a shower may be the best choice.