Minerals for Kids
A healthy child is a happy child, and with our range of children's minerals, you can be sure that your little one or young teen is getting the nutrition they need as they grow. From minerals that boost brain health and immune function, to those that help grow hair, keep skin glowing and ensure an all-round healthy diet... our range of chewable and tasty minerals and vitamins from leading brands will give you peace of mind and your child the essential nutrients they need, (and all while tasting pretty great, too!).
- Solgar U-Cubes Calcium with D3 Gummies 60Special Price £7.49 Regular Price £9.99
- Nature's Plus Animal Parade Mag Kidz Chewable Tabs 90Special Price £9.99 Regular Price £11.75
- Nature's Plus Animal Parade Mag Kidz Powder 171gSpecial Price £11.60 Regular Price £13.65
- Nature's Plus Animal Parade Calcium Chewables 90Special Price £7.23 Regular Price £8.50
- Nature's Plus Animal Parade Kidzinc Chewable Lozenges 90Special Price £12.20 Regular Price £14.35
- Nature's Plus Animal Parade Inner Ear Support Chewables 90Special Price £17.47 Regular Price £20.55
- Nature's Plus Animal Parade Sugar Free Calcium Chewables 90Special Price £8.46 Regular Price £9.95
- Higher Nature Relax & Unwind for Kids Sachets 10Special Price £12.60 Regular Price £15.75
- Higher Nature Growing Bones for Kids Tabs 90Special Price £16.80 Regular Price £21.00
- Nature's Aid Iron Mini Drops for Infants & Children 50mlSpecial Price £5.96 Regular Price £7.95
All you need to know about Minerals for Kids
What are the most important minerals for a child?
Young children and teenagers have different mineral needs to adults, as their bodies are still growing. It is important that their diet is high in fibre, as well as calcium, to build strong bones and teeth. They also need Vitamin D for bone development, Vitamin E for a strong immune system, B vitamins for a healthy heart and immune system, and iron for ensuring their red blood cells are healthy and flow around the body properly.
What foods are naturally high in minerals?
Your child's diet should be balanced and healthy to ensure that they are getting enough minerals that they need for all-important growth. Your child should be eating a moderate diet of the right meats and fish, cereals and whole grains, milk and dairy foods, fruit and vegetables and nuts. If your child is vegetarian, mineral supplements can be an ideal way to ensure that they are getting what they need to grow and develop healthily.
What are the most essential minerals for the human body?
There are many minerals that the body needs large amounts of, including chloride, calcium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. Some minerals, like sodium, are less important and we do not need very much of them, but still require some to ensure overall health.
What minerals support a child's immune system?
If you are worried about your child's immune system, you should first of all consult your GP to see if there are any dietary adjustments you can make that will help. Your GP may recommend a mineral supplement that boosts levels of Vitamin C to prevent colds and viruses, or Vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant. Your child might also have a folic acid, iron or zinc deficiency. For these, taking a mineral supplement can be a good idea.