Cod Liver Oil
What is Cod Liver Oil Good For?
Cod liver oil is good for boosting the health of your heart, immune system, eyes and reproductive system. It is a source of vitamin A and D, as well as being rich in essential omega-3 fatty acids. It may reduce inflammation and relieve stiff joints, especially for those experiencing symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. You should start to notice the benefits within 2 to 3 weeks. Side effects can include heartburn caused by acid reflux, nausea and an upset stomach. Take one capsule every morning or night, or split this into two smaller dose capsules to reduce the risk of heartburn. Up to 3000 mg per day is considered to be safe for adults.
Our range of cod liver oil supplements are of the highest quality, ensuring maximum benefits in an easy-to-take cod liver oil tablet or capsule, and without the fishy aftertaste of some fish oil caps.
- Wiley's Finest Wild Norwegian Cod Liver Oil 125mlSpecial Price £18.39 Regular Price £22.99
- Wiley's Finest Wild Norwegian Cod Liver Oil 250mlSpecial Price £30.39 Regular Price £37.99
- Lifeplan Cod Liver Oil 1000mg Caps 90Special Price £7.83 Regular Price £9.79
- Lifeplan Cod Liver Oil 1000mg Caps 60Special Price £5.51 Regular Price £6.89
- Lifeplan Cod Liver Oil 550mg Caps 120Special Price £5.59 Regular Price £6.99
- Lifeplan Cod Liver Oil 550mg Caps 60Special Price £3.19 Regular Price £3.99
- Nature's Aid Cod Liver Oil Liquid 500mlSpecial Price £8.21 Regular Price £10.95
- Nature's Aid Cod Liver Oil 550mg Softgels 120Special Price £5.09 Regular Price £5.99
- Nature's Aid Cod Liver Oil 1000mg Softgels 180Special Price £13.87 Regular Price £18.49
- Nature's Aid Cod Liver Oil 1000mg Softgels 90Special Price £9.37 Regular Price £12.49
- Lamberts Cod Liver Oil 1000mg Capsules 180Special Price £12.49 Regular Price £15.50
- Solgar Cod Liver Oil Softgels 100Special Price £6.27 Regular Price £8.95
- HealthAid Cod Liver Oil 1000mg Capsules 60Special Price £11.59 Regular Price £14.49
- HealthAid Cod Liver Oil 1000mg Vegicaps 30Special Price £7.19 Regular Price £8.99
- HealthAid Cod Liver Oil 550mg Capsules 180Special Price £15.99 Regular Price £19.99
- HealthAid Cod Liver Oil 550mg Capsules 250Special Price £19.99 Regular Price £24.99
- HealthAid Cod Liver Oil 550mg Capsules 90Special Price £9.19 Regular Price £11.49
- Solgar Super Cod Liver Oil Complex Softgels 60Special Price £9.99 Regular Price £15.95
- Solgar Cod Liver Oil Softgels 250Special Price £10.85 Regular Price £15.50
All you need to know about Cod Liver Oil
Is cod liver oil good for you?
Cod liver oil contains essential nutrients from Atlantic cod livers, and is very good for your body because of its high nutrient content. Cod liver oil is a great source of EPA and DHA, which are omega-3 fatty acids that help with inflammation, joint issues, cardiovascular issues and nerve problems. Cod liver oil also contains high amounts of vitamins A and D. Some cod liver oils also contain a mixture of other fish oils, including trout, tuna, herring, salmon and mackerel, while other supplements are marked up as 'pure' cod liver oil.
What are the benefits of cod liver oil?
As an excellent source of vitamins and nutrients, cod liver oil can be used to treat many common complaints, including joint stiffness and pain linked to arthritis, inflammation, eye conditions such as macular degeneration, skin and hair problems such as eczema and psoriasis, and heart conditions such as coronary artery disease. Cod liver oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which promote health, help to repair damaged tissue, boost the immune system and act as antioxidants.
Does cod liver oil contain vitamin D?
Yes – cod liver is naturally very high in vitamin D, which is important for people who do not get much sun exposure or vitamin D naturally through their diet. Vitamin D is very important for ensuring that phosphorus and calcium levels in the body remain regulated, which is crucial for maintaining healthy bones and preventing osteoporosis. High levels of vitamin D in the diet can also help those with diabetes type 1 and 2, hypertension (high blood pressure) and MS.
Should I take cod liver oil every day?
It has been suggested that you should take no more than 1-2 teaspoons of cod liver oil per day. Check the dosage recommendations on the label of the supplements you choose. Also check with your GP before taking any supplements.