Dermatological Anti-Ageing Skincare
- Vichy LiftActiv H.A. Anti-Wrinkle Firming Night Cream 50mlSpecial Price £25.50 Regular Price £35.95
- Vichy LiftActiv Supreme Normal To Combination Skin 50mlSpecial Price £24.00 Regular Price £33.95
- La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Hyaluronic Acid Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £29.25 Regular Price £39.00
- La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Hyaluronic Acid Serum 30mlSpecial Price £33.75 Regular Price £45.00
- Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler + Elasticity Day Cream 50mlSpecial Price £28.80 Regular Price £36.00
- Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler + Elasticity Night Cream 50mlSpecial Price £28.80 Regular Price £36.00
- Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler + Volume-Lift Day Cream 50mlSpecial Price £25.60 Regular Price £32.00
- Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler + Volume-Lift Eye Cream SPF15 15mlSpecial Price £20.80 Regular Price £26.00
- Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler + Volume-Lift Night Cream 50mlSpecial Price £25.60 Regular Price £32.00
- Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler + Elasticity 3D Serum 30mlSpecial Price £36.00 Regular Price £45.00
- Vichy Liftactiv Supreme H.A. Epidermic Filler 30mlSpecial Price £29.25 Regular Price £41.50
- Vichy Neovadiol Peri-Menopause Day Cream Normal/Combination Skin 50mlSpecial Price £24.00 Regular Price £33.95
- Vichy Neovadiol Peri-Menopause Day Cream Dry Skin 50mlSpecial Price £24.00 Regular Price £33.95
All you need to know about Signs of Ageing
What are the main causes of skin ageing?
There are several factors that contribute to ageing skin, including genetics, diet, whether you smoke, UV light exposure and air pollution. As we age, our skin produces less collagen and elastin, which keeps it firm and plump. This causes skin to sag, and wrinkles start to appear. Our skin also becomes drier because it doesn't produce as many natural oils as we age. While some factors of ageing are natural and out of our hands, we can control factors like UV exposure, following a healthy diet, and smoking.
How does stress affect akin ageing?
When we are continually stressed, we produce high levels of cortisol, which in turn can accelerate the breaking down of elastin and collagen in our skin, which leads to sagging. It is important to keep stress levels under control, because stress can also lead to dull, tired-looking skin and inflammation, which also contributes to poor skin health. By keeping calm and stress-free, your skin health will shine through.
When should I start using retinol?
Between your late twenties and early thirties is the right time to incorporate products that have retinol into your routine. Retinol is a wonder-ingredient that is very good at fighting ageing. It fights pigmentation, uneven tone, lines and sagging skin. Always start with products that contain a low amount of retinol and build up gradually as your skin starts to age more.
At what age should I start using ageing products?
Generally speaking, collagen production starts to reduce from the age of 20, so the sooner you start to use anti-ageing products, the better this will be for your skin in the long run.