Ceramides are lipids (fats) that are naturally found in our skin cells. They form 50% of the skin, playing an important role protecting and maintaining the skins barrier. Ceramides are what keeps our skin looking and feeling healthy.
With age the number of ceramides our body produces begins to decrease and external/environmental factors such as sun damage causes damage to them. Therefore, ceramides in skincare are becoming increasingly popular in restoring our skins natural barrier and replenishing the ceramides in our skin. Browse through our range of skin-loving ceramide skincare products here.
- Elizabeth Arden Retinol Ceramide Line Erasing Eye Cream 15mlSpecial Price £40.00 Regular Price £50.00
- CeraVe Hydrating Foaming Oil Cleanser 236mlSpecial Price £10.50 Regular Price £14.00
- CeraVe Micellar Cleansing Water 295mlSpecial Price £9.38 Regular Price £12.50
- CeraVe Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum 30mlSpecial Price £15.75 Regular Price £21.00
- Eucerin Urea Repair Plus Urea Shower Foam 200mlSpecial Price £8.80 Regular Price £11.00
- Eucerin UreaRepair Original 10% Urea Cream 100mlSpecial Price £10.80 Regular Price £13.50
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Premiere Intense Moisture and Renewal Overnight Regeneration Cream 50mlSpecial Price £61.60 Regular Price £77.00
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Premiere Intense Moisture and Renewal Regeneration Eye Cream 15mlSpecial Price £40.00 Regular Price £50.00
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lift & Firm Eye Cream 15mlSpecial Price £38.40 Regular Price £48.00
- Eucerin Atocontrol Face Care Cream 50mlSpecial Price £12.40 Regular Price £15.50
- Eucerin Atocontrol Body Care Lotion 250mlSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Eucerin Atocontrol Acute Care Cream 40mlSpecial Price £11.20 Regular Price £14.00
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser 473mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £17.00
- CeraVe Eye Repair Cream 14mlSpecial Price £10.50 Regular Price £14.00
- CeraVe Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF25 52mlSpecial Price £11.63 Regular Price £15.50
- CeraVe Moisturising Lotion 236mlSpecial Price £8.63 Regular Price £11.50
- CeraVe Moisturising Cream 50mlSpecial Price £3.75 Regular Price £5.00
- CeraVe Moisturising Cream Tube 177mlSpecial Price £7.50 Regular Price £10.00
- CeraVe Moisturising Cream Jar 340gSpecial Price £11.25 Regular Price £15.00
- Mustela Nourishing Lotion with Cold Cream 200mlSpecial Price £8.00 Regular Price £10.00
- Esthederm Cellular Water Fresh Moisturising Gel 40mlSpecial Price £29.60 Regular Price £37.00
- Esthederm Eau Cellulaire Melting Moisturising Cream 50mlSpecial Price £34.40 Regular Price £43.00
- Bioderma Atoderm Intensive Ultra-Soothing Balm 200mlSpecial Price £10.50 Regular Price £14.00
- Avene XeraCalm AD Lipid-Replenishing Cream 200mlSpecial Price £14.81 Regular Price £19.75
- Eucerin AtoControl Bath and Shower Oil 20% Omega 400mlSpecial Price £13.20 Regular Price £16.50
- Mustela Nourishing Cream with Cold Cream 40mlSpecial Price £6.00 Regular Price £7.50
- Eucerin Urea Repair Plus Lotion 250mlSpecial Price £12.40 Regular Price £15.50
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar H Ultra Soothing Hydrating Care 40mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- CeraVe Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50 52mlSpecial Price £12.38 Regular Price £16.50Out of stock
- Cerave Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser 236mlSpecial Price £10.50 Regular Price £14.00Out of stock
All you need to know about Ceramides
What are the skin benefits of Ceramides?
As Ceramides form 50% of our skin, when they become damaged it can reflect in our skin as the barrier is compromised. Signs of damage to the skin’s barrier due to lack of ceramides include redness, dryness, rough skin, irritation, dehydration, fine lines, and wrinkles. Thus, when using skincare with ceramides, they help to restore the skin and its barrier. The skin will feel hydrated, plump, radiant, and soft.
Do Ceramides help with wrinkles?
Yes, using skincare with ceramides can help with fine lines and wrinkles. Adding ceramides to your skincare routine will rebuild and restore your skins natural barrier, leaving it hydrated and plump reducing the appearance of wrinkles. When your skin is dry and dehydrated it can emphasise fine lines and wrinkles.
Do Ceramides help with acne?
Using ceramides can help with reducing inflammation and dryness that can come with acne, without aggravating acne. Also, acne-prone skin that suffers from clogged pores could benefits from using a light serum with ceramides instead of a heavy moisturiser.