Coenzyme q-10 is a naturally occuring compound that helps to generate cells in your body – which we are doing constantly. As we get older, production decreases leading to low levels. Luckily, it is easily to top them up with a CoQ10 supplement.
Low levels of Coenzyme q-10 has been linked to a number of diseases and serious conditions, including diabetes, cancer, heart diseases and brain disorders. On the flip side, CoQ10 has been shown to keep skin young, improve exercise performance and reduce headaches.
Coenzyme q-10 supplements are available at varying strengths, from 30mg to 300mg, depending on your requirements. They also come in liquid and capsule form.
- Lifeplan COQ10 30mg Caps 60Special Price £17.03 Regular Price £21.29
- Pharmanord Q10 Green Bio-Quinone 100mg Caps 60Special Price £31.88 Regular Price £39.85
- Quest Vitamins Ubiquinol Qu10 100mg Tabs 30Special Price £20.22 Regular Price £28.89
- Quest Vitamins Coenzyme Q10 30mg Tabs 60Special Price £13.50 Regular Price £19.29
- Quest Vitamins Coenzyme Q10 30mg Tabs 30Special Price £7.27 Regular Price £10.39
- Nature's Aid Ubiquinol 50mg (Reduced Co-Enzyme Q10) Softgels 30Special Price £14.21 Regular Price £18.95
- Nature's Aid COQ-10 30mg Softgels 90Special Price £17.21 Regular Price £22.95
- Nature's Aid COQ-10 30mg (Co-Enzyme Q10) Softgels 30Special Price £7.46 Regular Price £9.95
- Nature's Aid COQ-10 100mg Softgels 90Special Price £31.46 Regular Price £41.95
- Nature's Aid CoQ-10 100mg (Co-Enzyme Q10) Softgels 30Special Price £13.46 Regular Price £17.95
- Pharmanord Bio-Ubiquinol Active QH 100mg Caps 150Special Price £71.93 Regular Price £95.90
- Pharmanord Bio-Ubiquinol Active QH 100mg Caps 60Special Price £42.20 Regular Price £52.75
- Pharmanord Bio-Ubiquinol Active QH 30mg Caps 150Special Price £31.92 Regular Price £39.90
- Pharmanord Bio-Ubiquinol Active QH 30mg Caps 60Special Price £15.96 Regular Price £19.95
- HealthAid CoQ-10 120mg Capsules 30Special Price £23.99 Regular Price £29.99
- HealthAid Green Coffee Bean Extract Vegicaps 60Special Price £17.59 Regular Price £21.99
- Lamberts Ubiquinol 100mg Capsules 60Special Price £38.99 Regular Price £48.50
- Lamberts Co-Enzyme Q10 30mg Capsules 180Special Price £25.49 Regular Price £31.95
- Lamberts Co-Enzyme Q10 30mg Capsules 60Special Price £12.49 Regular Price £15.25
- Lamberts Co-Enzyme Q10 200mg Capsules 60Special Price £29.49 Regular Price £36.95
- Lamberts Co-Enzyme Q10 100mg Capsules 60Special Price £23.99 Regular Price £29.95
- Pharmanord Bio-Quinone Q10 30mg Caps 150Special Price £25.56 Regular Price £31.95
- Pharmanord BioQuinone Q10 30mg Capsules 30Special Price £7.16 Regular Price £8.95
All you need to know about Coenzyme Q-10
What is Coenzyme q-10?
Coenzyme q-10 is a nutrient found in the body, primarily in the liver, heart, kidneys and pancreas. We synthesis it in the liver using nutrients we get from ingesting meat and fish, though it can also be attained with a supplement if you are unable to eat those foods, such as if you are following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
What is Coenzyme q-10 used for?
Coenzyme q-10 is used for conditions that affect the heart, like heart disease, angina (chest pain) and high blood pressure, as well as other body conditions like migraines, hypertension and asthma, and diseases, such as Parkinson's Disease, and thyroid disease.
What are the health benefits of Coenzyme q-10?
Coenzyme q-10 helps to improve heart health and blood sugar regulation. It can also been linked to a reduction in muscle fatigue as we age, as well as skin damage and brain and lung diseases.
Who should take Coenzyme q-10?
Production of Coenzyme q-10 within the body reduces from about the age of 20 onwards, which is why some choose coenzyme q-10 supplementation.Coenzyme q-10 supplements have been found to improve physical strength and feelings of vitality in older people when taken in measures of 100-200mg per day.
What are the side effects of Coenzyme q-10?
Most people can easily tolerate Coenzyme q-10 supplements. However, some may experience mild side effects, such as stomach upset, loss of appetite, vomiting and diarrhoea. Some people may also get skin rashes. You should check with your GP before taking Coenzyme q-10 supplements, especially if you are on any other medication.