Vitamin K Supplements
Vitamin K has several important functions. For example, it's needed for blood clotting, helping wounds to heal properly, and to keep bones healthy.
To ensure a healthy and balanced diet, you may want to consider vitamin K supplements. The most common noticeable impact of vitamin K deficiency is excessive bleeding. A GP will be able to diagnose the issue and may prescribe vitamin K supplements.
We offer both vitamin K1 and vitamin K2 supplements. You can choose vitamin K capsules, tablets or even an oral spray to suit you.
Our range of supplements comes from the most reputable suppliers using the best quality ingredients.
- Cura Nutrition Vitamin K2-7+ Capsules 60Special Price £31.99 Regular Price £39.99
- Terranova Vitamin K2 100ug Complex Vegicaps 50Special Price £16.76 Regular Price £20.95
- Terranova Vitamin K2 100ug Complex Vegicaps 100Special Price £30.44 Regular Price £38.05
- BetterYou Vitamin K2 Oral Spray 25mlSpecial Price £18.36 Regular Price £22.95
- Solaray Vitamin K-2 Menaquinone-7 50mcg Capsules 30Special Price £7.99 Regular Price £9.99
- Solaray Vitamin K 100mcg Tablets 60Special Price £3.99 Regular Price £4.99
- Wiley's Finest Vitamin K2 Capsules 60Special Price £31.60 Regular Price £39.50
- Lamberts Vitamin K2 90ug Capsules 60Special Price £11.99 Regular Price £14.95
- Nature's Aid Vitamin K2 with Vitamin D3 Capsules 30Special Price £8.96 Regular Price £11.95
- HealthAid Vitamin K Complex & Vitamin D3 Tablets 30Special Price £8.79 Regular Price £10.99
- Nature's Plus Source of Life Garden Organic Vitamin K2 120mcg VCaps 60Special Price £12.28 Regular Price £14.45
- Higher Nature Vitamin K2 Vegetable Capsules 30Special Price £9.28 Regular Price £11.60
- Higher Nature Vitamin K2 Vegetable Capsules 60Special Price £17.80 Regular Price £22.25
- Solgar Vitamin K2 100ug Vegicaps 50Special Price £19.99 Regular Price £28.25
- Solgar Vitamin K1 (Natural) 100ug Tablets 100Special Price £5.49 Regular Price £7.50
- Together Health Vitamin K2 Vegicaps 30Special Price £8.49 Regular Price £9.99Out of stock
- Life Extension Low Dose Vitamin K2 (MK-7) 45mcg Softgels 90£16.23Out of stock
All you need to know about Vitamin K
What is the difference between Vitamin K1 and K2?
Vitamin K2 absorbs into the body much better than Vitamin K1. The reason for this is because Vitamin K2 is a fat soluble vitamin and is, as a result, often found in fatty foods like egg yolks, fatty meats like sausages and cheese. Vitamin K1 is typically found from plant sources like spinach and broccoli.
The vast majority of Vitamin K that humans get naturally is in the Vitamin K1 form and this is why supplementing could be beneficial for some people.
What role does Vitamin K play in bone health?
Vitamin K plays an important role in the health of bones. It is often found that people with higher levels of Vitamin K have a higher bone denisty whereas people with low levels of Vitamin K are more at risk of having osteoperosis.
Vitamin K works with calcium to help form new bones and so having good levels of Vitamin K is essential, particularly if you've recently suffered from a broken bone.
Why is Vitamin K2 also called Menaquinone-7?
Menaquinone is the scientific name for Vitamin K2. There are a few different types of Vitamin K2 but Menaquinone-7 (or MK-7) has been found to be the most useful for people taking supplements. The reason MK-7 is preferred to, say, MK-4 is because it absorbs better and only needs to be taken once a day, whereas MK-4 supplementing would require multiple doses throughout the day to be as effective.