SPF 50+ Sunscreens
Get the highest level of sun protection for your skin with an SPF 50 sunscreen. Use a factor 50 sunscreen to ensure protection all day long, on holidays, for children and throughout the summer months.
Shop Factor 50 Sun Creams, Lotions & Sprays
Our range of high-quality factor 50 sun lotion, creams and sprays includes only the best skincare brands. Shop for sunscreens that are ideal for your skin type, sensitivity and preferred application method, and get fast delivery by ordering online. Then enjoy your time in the sun, while getting peace of mind that a high SPF will give you all-day protection.
Items 1-32 of 95
- Mustela High Protection Sun Spray SPF50 200mlSpecial Price £22.00 Regular Price £27.50
- Eucerin Actinic Control MD Sun Fluid SPF100 80mlSpecial Price £20.00 Regular Price £25.00
- Vichy Capital Soleil UV-Age Daily SPF50+ Water Fluid 40mlSpecial Price £15.75 Regular Price £21.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Age Correct Light Cream SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £18.75 Regular Price £25.00
- Esthederm Bronz Repair Sunkissed Moderate Face 50mlSpecial Price £42.00 Regular Price £56.00
- Bioderma Photoderm Spot Age SPF50+ 40mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £17.00
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Targeted Sun Defense Stick SPF50 6.8gSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £15.00
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Sun Defense for Face SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £20.80 Regular Price £26.00
- Eucerin Sun Fluid Mattifying Fluid SPF50+ 50mlSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- Eucerin Sun Face Cream SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- Eucerin Photoaging Control Sun Fluid SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £16.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Eucerin Allergy Protection Sun Creme-Gel SPF50 150mlSpecial Price £15.60 Regular Price £19.50
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Dermo-Kids Aerosol Spray SPF50+ 125mlSpecial Price £12.38 Regular Price £16.50
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Hydrating Kids Lotion SPF50+ 250mlSpecial Price £16.50 Regular Price £22.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Dermo-Pediatrics Baby Lotion SPF50+ 50mlSpecial Price £9.00 Regular Price £12.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Body Milk Lotion SPF50+ 250mlSpecial Price £16.50 Regular Price £22.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF50+ Stick 9gSpecial Price £8.25 Regular Price £11.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Anti Shine Tinted SPF50+ 50mlSpecial Price £13.50 Regular Price £18.00
- La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Repairing Balm SPF50 40mlSpecial Price £6.75 Regular Price £9.00
- Vichy Ideal Soleil Hydrating Sun Protection Mist SPF50 200mlSpecial Price £12.38 Regular Price £16.50
- Vichy Capital Soleil Face and Body Milk SPF50 300mlSpecial Price £14.25 Regular Price £19.00
- Vichy Ideal Soleil Children's Face and Body Gentle Milk SPF 50+ 300mlSpecial Price £14.25 Regular Price £19.00
- Vichy Capital Soleil Mattifying Face Dry Touch SPF 50 50mlSpecial Price £12.38 Regular Price £16.50
All you need to know about SPF 50+
What is the best factor 50 sun cream?
Factor 50 sun creams, lotions and sprays are the best protection you can get. For the best sunscreens in terms of absorption, feel on the skin and scent (or scentless), we would recommend:
- Avene Very High Protection Sun Spray SPF50 200ml
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Body Spray 200ml
- Eucerin Allergy Protection Sun Creme-Gel SPF50 150ml
Which is better, SPF 30 or 50?
SPF 50 offers more protection than SPF 30. However, dermatologists agree that there isn't much difference because SPF 30 blocks about 97% of UVB radiation, and a sunscreen with SPF 50 will block around 98-99%. As a rule, you should generally apply at least SPF 30, seek shade and cover up with clothing during the heat of the day. You should also choose a sunscreen that has UVA protection, as SPF only covers UVB rays.
Is factor 50 the highest SPF?
While there are products on the market that claim to have a factor of over 50, or even 100, they will only ever be around 98% effective as a maximum, and there isn't much difference between them and SPF 50 or 30 sunscreens. More often than not, higher numbers are just a marketing ploy. Factor 50 will give you the best protection possible if you apply the sunscreen correctly.