Garlic is a popular herb that is most commonly known for its use around the world in various dishes and cooking. As a member of the onion family, garlic has a very strong taste and smell, as it produces a chemical called allicin. Garlic supplements are useful in aiding problems with circulation, high blood pressure and cholesterol. They can also help soften the arteries and help to promote healthy blood cells. Shop our selection of garlic tablets here.
Items 1-32 of 38
- Terranova Garlic 500mg Vegicaps 100Special Price £13.24 Regular Price £16.55
- Terranova Garlic 500mg Vegicaps 50Special Price £7.56 Regular Price £9.45
- Terranova Astragalus, Elderberry & Garlic Complex Vegicaps 100Special Price £15.36 Regular Price £19.20
- Terranova Astragalus, Elderberry & Garlic Complex Vegicaps 50Special Price £9.04 Regular Price £11.30
- A.Vogel Hawthorn Garlic Caps 90Special Price £8.95 Regular Price £10.50
- A.Vogel Swiss Garlic Capsules 150Special Price £8.95 Regular Price £10.50
All you need to know about Garlic
What are the benefits of garlic supplements?
Studies have shown that taking garlic powder supplements help to keep arteries more flexible, preventing conditions like atherosclerosis (in which the arteries harden). Garlic can also help people with diabetes, as it helps to reduce blood sugars before eating. It can be used to treat high blood pressure and cholesterol, if taken for more than 8 weeks at a time, and can prove highly effective in preventing a build-up of fat in the liver (in those with fatty liver disease).
What are the side effects of garlic supplements?
Garlic supplements are safe if they are taken as recommended. When taken orally as a supplement, garlic can cause bad breath, stomach upset, vomiting, loose stools and a garlic smell coming through the skin. Garlic may also increase the chance of bleeding in those who are taking medications to prevent blood clotting (like Warfarin).
Can pregnant women take garlic supplements?
Garlic is safe during pregnancy when used in its raw form in food. You should consult your doctor before taking garlic supplements in powder or tablet form if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Can garlic help sexually?
Yes – garlic is known to boost sex drive because it contains a compound called allicin, which is known for increasing blood flow around the body, including to the sexual organs. Libido and sexual performance can be increased in both men and women who take garlic supplements.