Need saw palmetto oil or saw palmetto tablets? We can help. Our range of Saw Palmetto supplements include saw palmetto on its own, or combined with other important nutrient supplements, such as zinc, amino acids and lycopene.
Saw Palmetto is most commonly used to treat the symptoms of an enlarged prostate. It is also used for a number of conditions commonly affecting men, including: hair loss, low sex drive and low sperm count. It is also used to help with symptoms from prostate cancer, diabetes and migraines.
Saw Palmetto is extracted from the fruit of the saw palmetto. Traditionally, Native Americans from the Seminole tribe in Florida used it to treat certain ailments.
- Quest Vitamins Saw Palmetto Extract 36mg Tabs 30Special Price £3.61 Regular Price £5.15
- Nature's Answer Saw Palmetto Berry 30mlSpecial Price £11.69 Regular Price £12.99
- Nature's Answer Alcohol Free Saw Palmetto Berry 30mlSpecial Price £11.69 Regular Price £12.99
- A.Vogel Prostasan Saw Palmetto Capsules 90Special Price £45.90 Regular Price £53.99
- A.Vogel Saw Palmetto 50mlSpecial Price £9.25 Regular Price £10.85
- A.Vogel Prostasan Saw Palmetto Caps 30Special Price £16.99 Regular Price £19.99
- Lamberts Saw Palmetto Extract 160mg Capsules 60Special Price £10.49 Regular Price £12.95
- Solgar Saw Palmetto Berries Vegicaps 100Special Price £22.99 Regular Price £32.75
- Solgar Saw Palmetto Berry Extract Vegicaps 60Special Price £20.49 Regular Price £28.75
- Higher Nature Saw Palmetto Complex Capsules 30Special Price £16.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Jarrow Formulas Saw Palmetto Softgels 60£13.11Out of stock
- Jarrow Formulas Saw Palmetto Softgels 120£23.49Out of stock
All you need to know about Saw Palmetto
What are the benefits of saw palmetto?
Native to the south-eastern US, saw palmetto is a palm plant that produces berries which are rich in nutrients. In supplement form, these berries can reduce hair loss, balance hormone levels, improve prostate health and improve urinary tract function in men. Saw palmetto can boost hair thickness by lowering levels of an enzyme in the body that is linked to hair loss. It can also assist with problems in urination and incontinence, especially in those suffering from BPH – a condition that causes the prostate gland to enlarge, making urination more difficult.
Can saw palmetto reduce hair loss?
It has been suggested that saw palmetto inhibits the 5-alpha reductase enzyme in the body. By stopping this enzyme, testosterone cannot be converted to dihydrotestosterone – the hormone that is linked to male pattern baldness. The anti-inflammatory qualities of saw palmetto can also assist in preventing hair loss.
Can saw palmetto help in treating acne?
Yes – saw palmetto is believed to help control androgen levels in the body, which help to block the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone. Saw palmetto can therefore be very helpful in aiding skin conditions that are influenced by androgens, such as acne. It is also very high in skin-loving fatty acids such as laurate, palmitate, linoleate and oleate, which help to keep the skin hydrated and irritation-free.
Can I take saw palmetto with other medications?
There are some medications that are not compatible with saw palmetto. If you are on the birth control pill, you shouldn't take saw palmetto, as it can decrease the effects of estrogen in the body. If you are taking medications to slow blood clots, you should also avoid saw palmetto, as it can increase chances of bleeding and bruising. Always speak with your GP before mixing supplements with medications.