Although problems with eyesight and sight loss are very common in older age, problems with eye health can be very concerning, as our eyesight is arguably the most important sense we have. Shop our range of eye supplements that can boost your eye health and help to keep degenerative conditions at bay.
Items 1-32 of 48
- One Nutrition Macu Complete Caps 30Special Price £15.99 Regular Price £19.99
- Terranova Bilberry 360mg Vegicaps 50Special Price £10.92 Regular Price £13.65
- Terranova Bilberry, Lutein & Astaxanthin Complex Vegicaps 100Special Price £29.20 Regular Price £36.50
- Terranova Bilberry, Lutein & Astaxanthin Complex Vegicaps 50Special Price £16.20 Regular Price £20.25
- A.Vogel Eye Drops 10mlSpecial Price £8.95 Regular Price £10.50
- A.Vogel Eyebright Euphrasia Drops 50mlSpecial Price £9.25 Regular Price £10.85
- A.Vogel Vision Complex Caps 45Special Price £12.35 Regular Price £14.50
All you need to know about Eye Care
How can I look after my eyesight?
There are many easy ways you can look after your eyes so that they don't have problems in future. Wear sunglasses when you go on your sunny beach holiday or on a bright, hot day; avoid eye strain by taking screen breaks if you work in an office or use a computer regularly, and eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables. You should also stop smoking if you smoke, don't drink too much alcohol and take frequent eye tests to keep on top of your eye health. If you are worried about your eye health, speak to your optician or GP.
What supplements can help my eye health?
Zinc is very good for your eyes, as it is an antioxidant that prevents eye cell damage. Zinc can be combined with copper supplements for the best effects. Research has also suggested that vitamin B1 is good for eyes, and can reduce the chances of a person developing problems with cataracts, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. Foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids (and omega-3 supplements) that contain docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) can also help retinal cell development and protect the retina from damage due to light exposure. Studies have also shown that Vitamin C has a positive effect in reducing the risk of developing cataracts.
Are there any vitamins that can improve dry eyes?
Zinc, along with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, can help your eyes to lubricate themselves naturally, preventing dry eyes. Vitamins B12, B6, C and E can also help with dry eyes.
Can eye supplements improve vision?
It has been suggested that taking eye supplements regularly can help minimise the chances of developing cataracts or degenerative eye conditions, improving overall health and eyesight in general. Zinc is said to improve night vision, and promote the production of melanin in the eyes.