Dermatological Menopause Skincare
Going through the menopause can cause changes in your skin due to hormonal fluctuations, particularly in estrogen levels. Common features of menopausal skin changes are thinning of the skin, reduction in elasticity causing sagging, dryness, and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Explore our range of carefully formulated skincare for all stages of menopause, including peri-menopause, menopause, and post menopause. These skincare products target common skin concerns that come with the menopause such as combating collagen loss, boosting elasticity, and keeping the skin hydrated.
- Avene Hyaluron Activ B3 Cell Renewal Day Cream 50mlSpecial Price £28.50 Regular Price £38.00
- Vichy Neovadiol Peri-Menopause Day Cream Dry Skin 50mlSpecial Price £24.00 Regular Price £33.95
- Vichy Neovadiol Peri-Menopause Day Cream Normal/Combination Skin 50mlSpecial Price £24.00 Regular Price £33.95
- Vichy Neovadiol Peri-Menopause Night Cream 50mlSpecial Price £25.50 Regular Price £35.95
- Avene Hyaluron Activ B3 Plumping Serum 30mlSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £40.00Out of stock
All you need to know about Menopause
What happens to the skin during menopause and why?
Menopause can bring noticeable changes to you skin and this is mainly due the depletion of certain hormone levels, particularly estrogen and progesterone which are formed in the ovaries. When these hormone levels plummet, proteins like collagen begin to decrease causing your skin to become thinner with less elasticity, drier, and prone to fine lines and wrinkles. In some causes the skin can also become more prone to sensitivity and blemishes.
What skincare ingredients help to prevent menopausal skin changes?
There are many humectant and emollient skincare ingredients that are incorporated into menopausal skincare such as glycerin, hyaluronic acid, ceramides. Menopausal skincare products are carefully formulated to include stronger concentrations of all the beneficial ingredients you need in one product.
How can I cool down hot flushes?
Menopause can cause hot flushes where you experience sudden warmth on your skin. This can cause redness and blushing. To prevent this you should use cooling and soothing products that contain ceramides, hyaluronic, and niacinamide which are in many menopausal skincare products.