Dermatological Menopause Skincare
- Vichy Neovadiol Peri-Menopause Night Cream 50mlSpecial Price £29.60 Regular Price £37.00
- Vichy Neovadiol Peri-Menopause Day Cream Normal/Combination Skin 50mlSpecial Price £28.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Vichy Neovadiol Peri-Menopause Day Cream Dry Skin 50mlSpecial Price £28.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Avene Hyaluron Activ B3 Plumping Serum 30mlSpecial Price £32.00 Regular Price £40.00
- Avene Hyaluron Activ B3 Cell Renewal Day Cream 50mlSpecial Price £30.40 Regular Price £38.00
- Vichy LiftActiv Collagen Specialist Eye Cream 15mlSpecial Price £23.96 Regular Price £29.95
All you need to know about Menopause
What happens to the skin during menopause and why?
Menopause can bring noticeable changes to you skin and this is mainly due the depletion of certain hormone levels, particularly estrogen and progesterone which are formed in the ovaries. When these hormone levels plummet, proteins like collagen begin to decrease causing your skin to become thinner with less elasticity, drier, and prone to fine lines and wrinkles. In some causes the skin can also become more prone to sensitivity and blemishes.
What skincare ingredients help to prevent menopausal skin changes?
There are many humectant and emollient skincare ingredients that are incorporated into menopausal skincare such as glycerin, hyaluronic acid, ceramides. Menopausal skincare products are carefully formulated to include stronger concentrations of all the beneficial ingredients you need in one product.
How can I cool down hot flushes?
Menopause can cause hot flushes where you experience sudden warmth on your skin. This can cause redness and blushing. To prevent this you should use cooling and soothing products that contain ceramides, hyaluronic, and niacinamide which are in many menopausal skincare products.