- Solgar Milk Thistle 100mg Full Potency Vegicaps 50Special Price £13.65 Regular Price £19.50
- Solgar Milk Thistle 100mg Full Potency Vegicaps 100Special Price £22.75 Regular Price £32.50
- Lamberts Maximum Strength Milk Thistle 300mg Tablets 30Special Price £12.99 Regular Price £15.95
- Viridian Milk Thistle Herb/Seed Extract Veg Caps 90Special Price £19.24 Regular Price £24.05
- Viridian Milk Thistle Herb/Seed Extract Veg Caps 30Special Price £7.72 Regular Price £9.65
- Nature's Answer Alcohol-Free Milk Thistle Seed 30mlSpecial Price £11.04 Regular Price £12.99
- Fushi Wellbeing Wild Crafted Milk Thistle Seed Veg Caps 60£9.00
- Living Nutrition Organic Fermented Milk Thistle Caps 60Special Price £20.79 Regular Price £25.99
- Living Nutrition Organic Fermented Red Ginseng Caps 60Special Price £29.59 Regular Price £36.99
- Living Nutrition Organic Fermented Astragalus Caps 60Special Price £20.79 Regular Price £25.99
- Living Nutrition Organic Fermented Lemon Balm Caps 60Special Price £18.39 Regular Price £22.99
- Living Nutrition Organic Fermented Passion Flower Caps 60Special Price £18.39 Regular Price £22.99
All you need to know about Milk Thistle
What are the benefits of milk thistle?
Milk thistle supplements are used to treat problems with the gallbladder and liver, as milk thistle is high in antioxidant properties. It can also be used to treat problems with high cholesterol, as well as jaundice, hepatitis and diabetes (by decreasing blood sugar levels). You should always consult your GP before taking any supplements for an underlying health condition.
What are the risks of taking milk thistle?
Some people can be allergic to milk thistle, especially if they are allergic to kiwis, artichokes, marigolds, daisies and ragweed. Those with underlying health conditions such as endometriosis or diabetes should consult with their doctor before taking milk thistle. It also shouldn't be taken by pregnant women, unless approved by a GP. Some side effects include bloating, gastrointestinal discomfort, feeling sick and itchy skin. Milk thistle can also interact with some medications, including those for lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
Is milk thistle good for your heart?
Milk thistle is known to reduce the chances of developing heart disease because of its ability to lower bad cholesterol levels in the body. People who have diabetes, and high cholesterol as a result, have shown improvements in their condition when taking milk thistle.
Can I take a daily dose of milk thistle?
You should always follow the recommended dose as stated by your doctor. If you take too much milk thistle, you may suffer from an allergic reaction, or symptoms such as nausea, headaches and an upset stomach.