Magnesium is an important part of your diet, as it helps your muscles to function properly and remain strong. It also helps you to maintain healthy brain and nerve function. If your magnesium intake needs a top-up, shop our range of magnesium supplements, including tablets, capsules, liquid formula and powders.
- Quest Vitamins Synergistic Magnesium Tabs 60Special Price £8.60 Regular Price £12.29
- Quest Vitamins Synergistic Magnesium Tabs 30Special Price £5.17 Regular Price £7.39
- Terranova Magnesium Calcium 2:1 Complex Vegicaps 100Special Price £11.72 Regular Price £14.65
- Terranova Magnesium Calcium 2:1 Complex Vegicaps 50Special Price £7.52 Regular Price £9.40
- Nature's Bounty Magnesium 250mg Tablets 100Special Price £8.99 Regular Price £11.99
- Pharmanord Bio-Magnesium 200mg Tabs 60Special Price £5.56 Regular Price £6.95
- BetterYou Magnesium Flakes 250gSpecial Price £3.49 Regular Price £3.95
- BetterYou Magnesium Flakes 1kgSpecial Price £8.49 Regular Price £9.95
- BetterYou Magnesium Oil Spray 100mlSpecial Price £10.99 Regular Price £12.95
- Quest Vitamins Magnesium Citrate Tablets 60Special Price £10.42 Regular Price £14.89
- Biocare Magnesium Powder 90g£15.49
- Higher Nature Super Magnesium Caps 30Special Price £6.80 Regular Price £8.50
- Higher Nature Super Magnesium Caps 90Special Price £15.20 Regular Price £19.00
- BetterYou Magnesium Oil Spray 15mlSpecial Price £2.49 Regular Price £2.95
- Nature's Answer Plant Based Cal/Mag 500/250mg 480mlSpecial Price £31.49 Regular Price £34.99
- Higher Nature Magnesium Effervescent Tabs 20Special Price £4.80 Regular Price £6.00
All you need to know about Magnesium
What are the health benefits of magnesium?
Magnesium is important for supporting bone health, as it plays an important role in how our teeth and bones grow and develop (alongside calcium). Magnesium can also help reduce fatigue and tiredness, as it can boost the way your body carries energy to your cells. Magnesium (along with calcium), aids muscle use and our ability to contract and relax our muscles, so good magnesium levels are important for everyday muscular function. Magnesium also helps support a healthy nervous system and psychological processing.
What type of magnesium supplement should I use?
Magnesium supplements and tablets are a great way to top-up your magnesium needs. Consult your GP first to see what dosage you should be taking. If you are not a fan of taking tablets, a magnesium liquid formula is a better option. Magnesium also comes in oil sprays, where you can spray it into your mouth and ingest it orally. You can also sprinkle magnesium flakes into your bathwater or foot spa to ingest it through your skin.
How much magnesium do I need per day?
For women, you should be getting 270mg of magnesium per day. For men, it should be 300mg.
How do I know if I have a magnesium deficiency?
If you lose your appetite and feel nauseous and tired quite frequently, this could mean that you are suffering from hypomagnesemia, and need to get more magnesium in your diet.
Other indications of magnesium deficiency include feeling weak, muscle cramps and involuntary spasms, raised blood pressure, an irregular heartbeat, and in severe case, seizures. Speak to your GP if you suspect you may have a magnesium deficiency.