Multivitamins are a great way to get a daily dose of all the key nutrients you need to look and feel great, and to keep your body functioning at its best. Multivitamins are popular because they are a convenient, broad spectrum approach to living a healthier lifestyle.
We stock a variety of the best multivitamins on the market – including vegetarian and vegan-friendly multivitamins. Many are organic multivitamins that don't contain allergens, such as gluten and soy, or ingredients you may need to avoid, like sugar and starch. Our range includes supplements in forms to suit your preferred (or required) ingestion method, including standard multivitamin capsules and tablets, plus chewable multivitamins and liquid multivitamins for those who have trouble swallowing.
Items 1-32 of 155
- Lifeplan Multivitamins with Iron Tabs 90Special Price £3.56 Regular Price £4.45
- Lifeplan Solus Multinutrient Tabs 90Special Price £9.80 Regular Price £12.25
- Lifeplan Solus Multinutrient Tabs 30Special Price £4.20 Regular Price £5.25
- Lifeplan Extravits Wide Spectrum Tabs 90Special Price £6.80 Regular Price £8.50
- Lifeplan Extravits Wide Spectrum Tabs 30Special Price £3.96 Regular Price £4.95
- LyfeRoots Women's Multi Caps 30Special Price £23.19 Regular Price £28.99
- LyfeRoots Men's Multi Caps 30Special Price £23.19 Regular Price £28.99
- Vegums Sugar-Free A-Z Multivitamin Gummies 30Special Price £6.36 Regular Price £7.95
- Vegums Sugar-Free A-Z Multivitamin Gummies 60Special Price £13.56 Regular Price £16.95
- Vegums Sugar-Free A-Z Multivitamin Gummies 120Special Price £23.96 Regular Price £29.95
- Vegums Multivitamin for Vegans Gummies 30Special Price £5.56 Regular Price £6.95
- Vegums Multivitamin for Vegans Gummies 60Special Price £11.16 Regular Price £13.95
- Vegums Multivitamin for Vegans Gummies 120Special Price £19.96 Regular Price £24.95
- Nature's Bounty Adult Multivitamin Gummies 60Special Price £12.49 Regular Price £16.95
- Lamberts Multi-Guard Sport Tablets 60Special Price £9.99 Regular Price £12.20
- Lamberts StrongStart MVM Tablets 60Special Price £11.49 Regular Price £14.25
All you need to know about Multivitamins
Are multivitamins good for you?
Multivitamins are good for you if you need help getting specific vitamins into your diet. The risk is that a multivitamin might be missing an essential nutrient that you need. Some people need very specific supplements, either because of a specific requirement they have (e.g. IBS) or because of a specific issue in their lifestyle (e.g. they are taking prescription medication or smoke).
If you are looking for a general all-round product to help improve your wellness then multivitamins are generally quite good. If you have had a specific diagnosis about a deficiency in your diet or blood then you should speak to your GP to get their advice on what supplements are suitable for you.
Are multivitamins worth taking?
Good-quality multivitamins are worth taking. The simple truth is that not all vitamins are created equal. Some vitamin companies spend far more on marketing than they do on product research. The result is that some multivitamins are made with cheap, low-quality materials or lack proper research about how they break down in the body.
As a result, low-quality multivitamins tend to struggle to break down in the gut when they need to (because the capsule is made using the cheapest material, not the best). This means that the body struggles to absorb all the nutrients and so you don’t strictly see many benefits.
At Landys Chemist, we carefully select the companies we work with. If we don’t think products are made with sufficient quality then we won’t stock them. You can always buy multivitamins from us with the confidence that we have vetted brands to ensure the ingredients they use are high quality and that their manufacturing processes are focussed on quality not price.
What are the side effects of taking multivitamins?
When taken as directed, multivitamins should not have any adverse side effects. If you are taking a supplement that means you are ingesting more than your recommended daily allowance (this is particularly true with minerals) then you may experience some side effects, such as: increased urination, upset stomach or constipation. Always follow the instructions on your multivitamins and consult your GP before starting any regular supplementation.