Echinacea is so much more than just a beautiful flower, with world-renowned health benefits thanks to its inflammatory properties. Echinacea is a popular remedy for pain relief, snake bites, flu, colds and healing following an injury or skin wound. From season packs to liquid drops, tablets and caplets, shop our range of echinacea products that will help you to feel better in no time.
- A.Vogel Echinaforce Echinacea Tablets 42Special Price £4.39 Regular Price £5.49
- Nature's Answer Sambucus Immune Defence 120mlSpecial Price £16.14 Regular Price £18.99
- Nature's Answer Echinacea Root + Golden Seal Low Alcohol 30mlSpecial Price £20.39 Regular Price £23.99
- Nature's Answer Echinacea Root + Golden Seal Alcohol Free 30mlSpecial Price £18.69 Regular Price £21.99
- Nature's Answer Echinacea Root Low Alcohol 60mlSpecial Price £19.54 Regular Price £22.99
- Nature's Answer Echinacea Root Low Alcohol 30mlSpecial Price £11.89 Regular Price £13.99
- Nature's Answer Echinacea Root 60mlSpecial Price £22.09 Regular Price £25.99
- Nature's Answer Echinacea Root 30mlSpecial Price £12.74 Regular Price £14.99
- A.Vogel Uva Ursi and Echinacea THR 50mlSpecial Price £9.59 Regular Price £11.99
- A.Vogel Echinaforce Chewable Cold & Flu Tablets 40Special Price £5.80 Regular Price £7.25
- A.Vogel Echinaforce Echinacea Drops 15mlSpecial Price £3.99 Regular Price £4.99
- A.Vogel Echinacea Toothpaste 100gSpecial Price £6.39 Regular Price £7.99
- A.Vogel Echinacea Cream 35gSpecial Price £6.79 Regular Price £8.49
- A.Vogel Echinaforce Chewable Echinacea Tablets 80Special Price £9.40 Regular Price £11.75
- A.Vogel Echinacea Lozenges 30gSpecial Price £1.99 Regular Price £2.49
- Viridian Echinacea Capsules 60Special Price £17.48 Regular Price £21.85
- Viridian 100% Organic Echinacea Tincture 50mlSpecial Price £8.72 Regular Price £10.90
- Viridian 100% Organic Echinacea Tincture 100mlSpecial Price £15.16 Regular Price £18.95
- Lamberts Echinacea Cold & Flu Relief Tablets 60Special Price £12.99 Regular Price £15.95
- A.Vogel Echinaforce Forte Cold & Flu Tablets 40Special Price £10.79 Regular Price £13.49
- A.Vogel Echinaforce Echinacea Tablets 120Special Price £9.59 Regular Price £11.99
- A.Vogel Echinaforce Echinacea Drops 100mlSpecial Price £16.79 Regular Price £20.99
- A.Vogel Echinaforce Echinacea Drops 50mlSpecial Price £9.59 Regular Price £11.99
- Botanicals4Life Echinacea & Olive Leaf Tincture 100mlSpecial Price £12.79 Regular Price £15.99
- Botanicals4Life Echinacea & Olive Leaf Tincture 50mlSpecial Price £7.99 Regular Price £9.99
- Botanicals4Life Echinacea & Acerola Tincture 100mlSpecial Price £15.19 Regular Price £18.99
- NOW Foods Echinacea 400mg Capsules 250£21.24Out of stock
All you need to know about Echinacea
What are the benefits of echinacea?
When taken, echinacea stimulates the immune system because it contains compounds called polysaccharides and alkamides, which have anti-inflammatory properties. Echinacea is well-known for easing symptoms and reducing recovery time from the common cold, as well as flu. It can also be used to treat minor cuts, bruises and skin grazes.
How much echinacea should I be taking?
The amount of echinacea that you take depends on the type of supplement you are taking, what you treat it for, and how soon you take it. You should read the label carefully and always consult your GP before taking any supplements to confirm the right dosage for your needs. It is believed that echinacea is most effective for colds if it is taken as soon as cold symptoms start to develop.
Who shouldn't take echinacea?
Children should not take echinacea, even to treat colds, as this could cause side effects such as allergic reactions, facial swelling and problems with breathing. Pregnant women should avoid taking echinacea, as well as people with diabetes and auto-immune conditions, because of the way echinacea stimulates the immune system.
Does echinacea kill viruses?
Because echinacea stimulates and benefits the immune system, it has been found in studies to help our immune response to quicken and operate more effectively, which in turn helps us to combat infections and viruses when exposed to them.