Sunscreens: Sun Creams, Lotions & Sprays
Skincare experts recommend wearing sunscreen every day, even in winter and in countries that aren't very sunny. Our range of sunscreens from luxury brands make it easy to protect your skin from sun damage and premature aging.
We stock the best sun creams and sunscreens, and the best sun lotions and sprays for easy, everyday use. They are available in a variety of SPF strengths, and in formulas for babies and children. And, for the hot summer days in the sun, we also stock aftersun.
Use Sunscreens On Your Face & Body
A good SPF protects your skin from the sun's rays, and works with your skin to protect it without making you break out in spots. Many of the sun lotions and creams can be used on your skin all over, but some are formulated as sunscreens for your body or face – facial sun lotions tend to be lighter as your face has more delicate skin.
Items 1-32 of 168
- Eucerin Sensitive Relief Gel-Cream 200mlSpecial Price £11.60 Regular Price £14.50
- Mustela High Protection Sun Spray SPF50 200mlSpecial Price £22.00 Regular Price £27.50
- Eucerin Actinic Control MD Sun Fluid SPF100 80mlSpecial Price £20.00 Regular Price £25.00
- Vichy Capital Soleil UV-Age Daily SPF50+ Water Fluid 40mlSpecial Price £15.75 Regular Price £21.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Age Correct Light Cream SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £18.75 Regular Price £25.00
- Esthederm Bronz Repair Sunkissed Moderate Face 50mlSpecial Price £42.00 Regular Price £56.00
- Bioderma Photoderm Spot Age SPF50+ 40mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £17.00
- Eucerin Sun Kids Spray SPF50 200mlSpecial Price £15.60 Regular Price £19.50
- Eucerin Sun Fluid Mattifying Fluid SPF50+ 50mlSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- Eucerin Sun Face Cream SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- Eucerin Photoaging Control Sun Fluid SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £16.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Eucerin Allergy Protection Sun Creme-Gel SPF50 150mlSpecial Price £15.60 Regular Price £19.50
- Mustela Very High Protection Sun Lotion SPF50+ 100mlSpecial Price £13.56 Regular Price £16.95
- Mustela After Sun Spray 125mlSpecial Price £11.60 Regular Price £14.50
- Bioderma Photoderm Kids Spray SPF50+ 200mlSpecial Price £14.63 Regular Price £19.50
- Bioderma Photoderm Bronz Dry Oil SPF30 200mlSpecial Price £17.63 Regular Price £23.50
- Bioderma Photoderm MAX Cream SPF50+ 40mlSpecial Price £11.63 Regular Price £15.50
- Bioderma Photoderm AR Tinted Cream SPF50+ 30mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £17.00
- BioDerma Photoderm AKN Mat Fluide SPF30 40mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- Lancome Soleil Bronzer Smoothing Protective Sun BB Cream SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £22.00 Regular Price £27.50
- La Roche-Posay Rosaliac UV Light 40mlSpecial Price £13.13 Regular Price £17.50
- La Roche-Posay Posthelios Melt in After Sun Gel 200mlSpecial Price £10.13 Regular Price £13.50
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Dermo SPF50+ Kids Lotion 100mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF50+ Dry Touch Gel-Cream 50mlSpecial Price £13.50 Regular Price £18.00
- Eucerin Photoaging Control Sun Fluid SPF30 50mlSpecial Price £16.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Esthederm Photo Reverse Anti-Dark Spots Tinted Face Care 50mlSpecial Price £42.00 Regular Price £56.00
- Vichy Capital Soleil Hydrating Solar Protective Water SPF50 200mlSpecial Price £14.25 Regular Price £19.00
All you need to know about Sunscreens
Here we answer some of the frequently asked questions about sunscreens and sun protection. If you aren't sure what you need or which sunscreen to choose, take a look at the advice below.
Should I wear sunscreen every day?
The short answer is yes, you should wear sunscreen every day. Sunscreen helps protect your skin from premature ageing, skin cancer and sunburn. Some moisturisers also have SPF in their formula, so you can get sun protection for your face and body automatically when you apply your usual skincare products. When swimming, apply sunscreen every time you get out of the water.
What happens if you don't use sunscreen?
If you don't use sunscreen, UV rays can cause skin damage and will prematurely age your skin by damaging the collagen and connective tissue of your skin. Without sunscreen, you can get skin damage and will also be at a greater risk of developing skin cancer. Sun protection is important even if you are inside near windows, as the sun's damaging rays can pass through glass.
What is the best sunscreen?
The best sunscreen to choose is one that protects your skin as much as possible from the sun's rays. Specifically, when selecting your sunscreen, you should look for one labelled 'broad spectrum', as this will protect you from UVB and UVA rays. UVB rays often cause sunburn, while UVA rays damage your skin cells and prematurely age them, which can lead to skin cancer.
What factor sunscreen should I use?
Ideally, you should use SPF50. You should choose a high SPF as this determines the amount of UVB light that your sunscreen prevents from passing through. You should always choose an SPF of at least 30, which should generally block out around 97% of UVB rays. If you are going to be exposed to the sun all day long, select a sunscreen with an even higher SPF like a factor 50. Remember that no sunscreen can block 100% of the sun's rays.