- Solgar Natural Cranberry with Vitamin C Vegicaps 60Special Price £12.57 Regular Price £17.95
- Solgar Cran Flora with Probiotics plus Ester-C tablets 60Special Price £22.05 Regular Price £31.50
- Higher Nature Cranberry Extract 500mg Vegetable Capsules 90Special Price £23.96 Regular Price £29.95
- Viridian Synerbio Daily Plus Cranberry Veg Caps 30Special Price £20.24 Regular Price £25.30
- Nature's Plus Sustained Release Ultra Cranberry 1000mg Tabs 120Special Price £21.38 Regular Price £25.15
- Nature's Answer UTI Answer D-Mannose & Cranberry (Alcohol Free) 120mlSpecial Price £31.44 Regular Price £36.99
All you need to know about Cranberry
What are the benefits of cranberry supplements?
Cranberries are high in vitamin C, and also contain high amounts of the nutrients peonidin, myricetin and quercetin. Cranberry supplements are made from dried cranberries, and help support the immune system while providing antioxidant properties, which helps to protect the body from free radicals. Taking up to two cranberry capsules is the equivalent of a 250ml glass of cranberry juice. Cranberry supplements and juice are mainly used to treat bladder and urinary tract infections.
Do cranberry tablets make you urinate?
Cranberries are an acidic fruit, and they interact with bacteria that may be in the urinary tract, helping the body to fight urinary tract infections. Cranberry is a diuretic, and can make you urinate more frequently. For this reason, cranberry juice and supplements have long been used to treat discomfort and burning associated with bladder and urinary tract infections.
Should I take cranberry supplements?
You should take cranberry supplements if you are having trouble with a urinary tract infection, a bladder infection, or are lacking in vitamin C. Speak to your doctor first before taking any supplements. If you have a medical history involving kidney stones, liver disease, diabetes or a stomach/bowel disorder, you should speak to your doctor or a pharmacist before taking cranberry supplements due to their high sugar content and possible side effects.
What are the side effects of cranberry supplements?
Some people are allergic to cranberry, and may experience hives, problems breathing or swelling of the lips, face and tongue. Seek medical attention if this occurs. Don't use cranberry supplements if you continue to experience burning pain when urinating, have stomach pain or start feeling sick. Common side effects of cranberry supplements include having an upset stomach, vomiting and diarrhoea.