Salicylic Acid is a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), a popular exfoliating ingredient in skincare. It helps to gently break down dead skin cells to promote natural exfoliation for clear, smooth and fresh skin. As a result, Salicylic Acid has become a star ingredient for oily, blemish-prone and dry-rough skin types. For blemish-prone skin Salicylic Acid helps to unclog dirt, oil and dead skin cells in the pores to reduce acne breakouts. For dry, rough and bumpy skin, this ingredient gently exfoliates dead skin cells to reveal radiance and softness. Browse through our selection of effective Salicylic Acid cleansers, moisturisers, serums and treatments here.
- Bioderma Sebium Serum 30mlSpecial Price £21.00 Regular Price £28.00
- Vichy Normaderm Probio-BHA Serum 30mlSpecial Price £24.00 Regular Price £33.50
- CeraVe SA Smoothing Cleanser 473mlSpecial Price £16.88 Regular Price £22.50
- Bioderma Sebium Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £9.00 Regular Price £12.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ Ultra Concentrated Serum 30mlSpecial Price £29.25 Regular Price £39.00
- Bioderma Pigmentbio Night Renewer 50mlSpecial Price £18.00 Regular Price £24.00
- Bioderma Pigmentbio C-Concentrate Brightening Corrector 15mlSpecial Price £19.50 Regular Price £26.00
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Fragrance Free 50mlSpecial Price £23.20 Regular Price £29.00
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant 50mlSpecial Price £23.20 Regular Price £29.00
- REN ClearCalm Non-Drying Spot Treatment 15mlSpecial Price £16.00 Regular Price £20.00
- CeraVe SA Smoothing Moisturising Cream 340gSpecial Price £16.50 Regular Price £22.00
- CeraVe SA Smoothing Moisturising Cream 177mlSpecial Price £11.25 Regular Price £15.00
- CeraVe SA Smoothing Cleanser 236mlSpecial Price £10.50 Regular Price £14.00
- Vichy Normaderm Double-Correction Moisturising Care 50mlSpecial Price £14.25 Regular Price £20.95
- REN Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 250mlSpecial Price £22.40 Regular Price £28.00
- Bioderma Hydrabio Gel-Creme 40mlSpecial Price £12.38 Regular Price £16.50
- Bioderma Hydrabio Rich Moisturising Care 50mlSpecial Price £12.38 Regular Price £16.50
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo(+) Unifiant Medium Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Esthederm Intensive Propolis & Salicylic Acid Serum 30mlSpecial Price £40.00 Regular Price £50.00
- Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1 Cleanser 125mlSpecial Price £9.38 Regular Price £14.50
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+M Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner Corrective Concentrate 30mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- Vichy Normaderm Purifying Pore-Tightening Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £10.50 Regular Price £16.00
- Vichy Normaderm Phytosolution Intensive Purifying Gel 200mlSpecial Price £10.13 Regular Price £14.95
- Bioderma Pigmentbio Daily Care SPF50+ 40mlSpecial Price £16.50 Regular Price £22.00Out of stock
- Vichy Normaderm Mattifying Anti-Imperfections Correcting Care 50mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £18.00Out of stock
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo(+) Unifiant Light Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00Out of stock
- Bioderma Sebium Global 30mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00Out of stock
All you need to know about Salicylic Acid
Can you use Salicylic Acid everyday?
Depending on the concentration and type of salicylic acid product, the frequency of use can differ. A Salicylic Acid cleanser such as the CeraVe SA Smoothing Cleanser can be gentle enough to use everyday. Daily moisturisers that contain Salicylic Acid are also suitable for everyday use. Serums and treatments typically have a stronger concentration of Salicylic Acid, and so it is recommended to slowly incorporate them into your skincare routine as your skin adjusts to them.
Is Salicylic Acid good for Keratosis Pilaris?
Yes, Salicylic Acid is an effective ingredient to use on Keratosis Pilaris. The natural exfoliation action of salicylic acid helps to remove dead skin cells and build up of keratin. As a result, pores are unclogged and rough bumps are smoothed. Using products like the CeraVe SA Smoothing Cleanser and Moisturiser are effective in achieving a smoother, softer and more even skin tone.
Can you use Salicylic Acid as a scalp treatment?
Yes, you can use Salicylic Acid as a scalp exfoliating treatment. It can help to relieve itchiness, irritation and discomfort that comes with many scalp conditions. Shampoos and treatments such as the Phytosquam Intense Anti-Dandruff Intensive Treatment Shampoo can be very effective in exfoliating dead skin cells and restoring and balancing the scalp.