Urea is a Natural Moisturising Factor (NMF) produced by the skin. It is also a humectant (preserves and maintains moisture) that keeps our skin hydrated and draws in moisture. These hydrating properties in urea help to remove the build-up of dead skin cells, reducing dryness and flakiness. Skincare products containing urea are typically catered to dry skin types as works to hydrate and smooth the skin from flaking. Urea can be found in many types of skincare products including moisturisers, body creams and lotions, hands and foot creams, shampoos and more. Browse through our skin products containing urea for dry skin here!
- Eucerin Urea Repair Plus Urea Shower Foam 200mlSpecial Price £8.80 Regular Price £11.00
- Eucerin UreaRepair Original 10% Urea Cream 100mlSpecial Price £10.80 Regular Price £13.50
- CeraVe SA Smoothing Moisturising Cream 340gSpecial Price £16.50 Regular Price £22.00
- CeraVe SA Smoothing Moisturising Cream 177mlSpecial Price £11.25 Regular Price £15.00
- Eucerin Replenishing Face Cream Night 5% Urea 50mlSpecial Price £11.00 Regular Price £13.75
- Eucerin Intensive Hand Cream 5% Urea 75mlSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Eucerin DermoCapillaire Calming Urea Shampoo 250mlSpecial Price £10.00 Regular Price £12.50
- Eucerin DermoCappillaire Calming Urea Scalp Treatment 100mlSpecial Price £10.40 Regular Price £13.00
- Eucerin Replenishing Cream 5% Urea with Lactate and Carnitine 75mlSpecial Price £8.40 Regular Price £10.50
- Eucerin Urea Repair Plus Lotion 250mlSpecial Price £12.40 Regular Price £15.50
- Eucerin Intensive Foot Cream 10% Urea with Lactate 100mlSpecial Price £8.80 Regular Price £11.00
- Eucerin replenishing face Cream 5% Urea 50mlSpecial Price £11.00 Regular Price £13.75
All you need to know about Urea
What does Urea do for the skin?
Urea is one of the best skincare ingredients you could incorporate into your routine if you have dry or very dry skin prone to dry, rough, or scaly patches. Urea products for the skin help to improve the dryness and smooth rough patches by providing hydration whilst effectively reducing the build-up of dead skin cells. The benefits of urea in skincare are that your skin is left feeling softer, radiant, and more hydrated. Another good skincare ingredient you could with urea for very dry skin is hyaluronic acid to draw in moisture.
What is Urea cream 40% used for?
Topical urea 40% products are high-strength treatments are typically used to treat a variety of very dry, rough, thick skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, xerosis, ingrown nails, and others. Urea 40% skin products should not be applied in sensitive areas such as the eyes, lips, and groin area due to their keratolytic agents. Keratolytic agents exfoliate the skin by breaking down proteins on the outer layer of the skin to help smooth and soften the skin. Urea skin products over 20% have the highest exfoliation action. Urea creams and lotions under 20% are effective in treating rough patches, cracked heels and calluses.
What are the best skin products containing urea?
The Eucerin Urea Repair range is highly effective in helps dry skin conditions and rough patches. Products like the Urea Repair Foot Cream and Urea 10 Repair Plus Lotion are some of the best urea skin treatments. These products contain 10% urea, with ceramides and natural moisturising factors (NMFs) that are clinically proven to deliver immediate and intensive moisturisation, prevent moisture loss, repair the skins barrier, and relieving roughness.