Having stiff or painful joints can really affect your everyday life, and stop you from doing things you'd normally enjoy. Get back to moving freely and make things more comfortable with our range of supplements for joint and muscular health, including calcium tablets, glucosamine and chondroitin supplements, vitamin tablets and protein powders.
- Terranova Vollagen & Glucomsamine Complex Capsules 50Special Price £14.36 Regular Price £17.95
- Lifeplan Joint Action Turmeric Formula Caps 90Special Price £8.63 Regular Price £10.79
- Lifeplan Glucosamine with Chondroitin Tabs 90Special Price £16.36 Regular Price £20.45
- Lifeplan Glucosamine Sulphate 2KCl 1500mg Tabs 90Special Price £10.76 Regular Price £13.45
- Together Health Curcumin Complex Vegicaps 30Special Price £8.49 Regular Price £9.99
- Together Health Joint Aid Vegicaps 30Special Price £9.34 Regular Price £10.99
- Terranova Glucosamine Chondroitin & Boswellia Complex Vegicaps 50Special Price £18.00 Regular Price £22.50
- Terranova Glucosamine Chondroitin & Boswellia Complex Vegicaps 100Special Price £32.76 Regular Price £40.95
- Pharmanord Bio-Glucosamine Super Caps 50Special Price £6.36 Regular Price £7.95
- Planet Paleo Organic Bone Broth Collagen Protein Herbal Defence 225gSpecial Price £23.79 Regular Price £27.99
- Planet Paleo Organic Bone Broth Collagen Protein Herbal Defence 450gSpecial Price £39.09 Regular Price £45.99
- Planet Paleo Organic Bone Broth Collagen Protein Golden Turmeric 225gSpecial Price £23.79 Regular Price £27.99
- Planet Paleo Organic Bone Broth Collagen Protein Golden Turmeric 450gSpecial Price £39.09 Regular Price £45.99
- Planet Paleo Organic Bone Broth Collagen Protein Pure 225gSpecial Price £23.79 Regular Price £27.99
- Planet Paleo Organic Bone Broth Collagen Protein Pure 450gSpecial Price £39.09 Regular Price £45.99
- Solaray Vegan Joint Formula Capsules 60Special Price £15.49 Regular Price £18.99
All you need to know about Joint Health
What are the most effective joint health supplements?
Joint pain is quite a common complaint, especially in older people and those with arthritis. There are many supplements on the market that can help to relieve joint pain. These are glucosamine (which prevents bones from rubbing up against each other), chondroitin (which helps prevent the breakdown of cartilage), Devil's Claw, (which is anti-inflammatory), and fish oil, which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and also has anti-inflammatory effects. Other more natural alternatives like turmeric are very good for joint inflammation.
What are the best foods for joint health?
You should eat a well-balanced diet to help ease problems with joint pain. You can also increase your intake of certain foods to see if they improve any problems with your joints. These foods include cherries, as they contain anthocyanins which reduce inflammation. You can also eat red peppers, as these are high in vitamin C. Tinned salmon or sardines is another good option, as these fish contain high levels of omega-3 fatty acids in their fish oils. Other foods to try are kale, oatmeal, turmeric and walnuts.
What foods can give you problems with your joints?
Wheat products like pasta, bread, crackers, cereals and some biscuits may exacerbate pain in your joints, especially if you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. Fats such as butter and margarine have AGEs in them (advanced glycation end products), which can also cause joint problems. Other foods to avoid include tomatoes, processed foods like fast food, and sugary foods and drinks.
How can I rebuild my cartilage naturally?
The best way to rebuild cartilage is to beat inflammation, so that your cartilage stops breaking down. You can do this by eating a diet that is high in fruits and vegetables including pomegranates, oranges, kale and legumes, as well as green tea, brown rice and nuts. If you are not getting enough vegetables in your diet, you could take a joint supplement to boost collagen and cartilage growth.