If you want to be beautifully bronzed the whole year round, self tanning is the way to go. Self tanning products are the ideal way to get that gorgeous glow without damaging your skin on sunbeds or by spending hours baking your body in the sun. Prolonged exposure to the sun not only damages your skin, but can also put you at a greater risk of developing skin cancer. With our range of tanning products, you can get a beautiful tan the easy way.
- Lancaster Sun 365 Instant Self Tanning Gel Cream 50mlSpecial Price £18.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Esthederm Adaptasun Protective Body Mist Moderate 150mlSpecial Price £26.80 Regular Price £40.00
- Vichy Ideal Soleil Hydra-Bronzing Self-Tanning Milk Face and Body 100mlSpecial Price £11.90 Regular Price £14.00
- Bioderma Photoderm Bronz High Protection Spray SPF30 200mlSpecial Price £15.38 Regular Price £20.50
- Bioderma Photoderm Bronz Invisible Sun Mist SPF50 200mlSpecial Price £16.88 Regular Price £22.50Out of stock
- Lancome Flash Bronzer Self-Tanning Body Lotion 125mlSpecial Price £22.40 Regular Price £28.00Out of stock
- Ultra Glow Original Pressed Mineral Bronzing Powder£17.99Out of stock
- La Roche-Posay Autohelios Cream-Gel 100mlSpecial Price £13.60 Regular Price £16.00Out of stock
- Esthederm Sun Kissed Self-Tanning Face Cream Light Tan 50mlSpecial Price £20.77 Regular Price £31.00Out of stock
- Filorga UV-Bronze Nutri-Regenerating Anti-Ageing Sun Spray SPF50+ 150ml£29.00Out of stock
- Filorga UV-BRONZE Hydra-refreshing Anti-Ageing Sun Mist SPF50+ 60ml£29.00Out of stock
- Lancome Flash Bronzer Self-Tanning Leg Gel 125mlSpecial Price £22.40 Regular Price £28.00Out of stock
All you need to know about Self-Tanning
What are the benefits of tanning products?
When you sit for hours in the sun in order to get a tan, this can be dangerous for both your skin and your overall health. Not only are you susceptible to getting heatstroke and painful sunburn, you are also exposing yourself to UVA and UVB rays, which are responsible for skin cancer and premature skin ageing, which can lead to the development of melanoma as skin cell DNA is damaged. The self tanning market has boomed in recent years as many people find ways to tan without the danger of burning their skin, with many products offering gradual and non-streaky formulas that also won't transfer to bedsheets and clothing.
What is the best way to apply tanning products?
Preparation is key to ensure an even-looking and streak-free tan when using tanning products. You should thoroughly exfoliate the skin you want to tan to remove any dead skin cells and to ensure a smooth surface. Wax, shave or remove any unwanted body hair in advance, as shaving after tanning will strip skin cells, along with your tan. When applying your tanning product, use a tanning mitt, as this will keep the product off your palms and ensure a streak-free finish. Build up the colour gradually, and leave the tan to develop as it dries.
How do tanning products work?
Most tanning products contain the active ingredient Dihydroxyacetone (DHA), which binds itself to proteins in the skin's outermost layer, causing a darkening effect of the skin that cannot be washed off with water. To get the tan off, your skin cells need to shed naturally.
How long do tanning products last?
Generally speaking, most tanning products last anywhere between 7 days and two weeks, depending on the amount you apply and the level of DHA contained in the product. Moisturising your skin well will prolong your tan and prevent skin cells from shedding so quickly.