AHA and BHA Skincare
- Vichy Normaderm Phytosolution Intensive Purifying Gel 200mlSpecial Price £12.40 Regular Price £15.50
- Vichy Normaderm Purifying Pore-Tightening Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £13.20 Regular Price £16.50
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Astringent Micro-Exfoliant Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 50mlSpecial Price £33.60 Regular Price £42.00
- Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1 Cleanser 125mlSpecial Price £12.40 Regular Price £15.50
- Esthederm Intensive Propolis & Salicylic Acid Serum 30mlSpecial Price £44.00 Regular Price £55.00
- Esthederm Intensive AHA Peel Serum 30mlSpecial Price £57.60 Regular Price £72.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Anti-Blemish SystemSpecial Price £32.80 Regular Price £41.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar+M Purifying Foaming Gel 400mlSpecial Price £19.20 Regular Price £24.00
- REN AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum 200mlSpecial Price £30.40 Regular Price £38.00
- Vichy Normaderm Double-Correction Moisturising Care 50mlSpecial Price £17.60 Regular Price £22.00
- Vichy Normaderm S.O.S Sulphur Paste 20mlSpecial Price £15.96 Regular Price £19.95
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Micro-Peeling Purifying Gel 400mlSpecial Price £19.20 Regular Price £24.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Micro-Peeling Purifying Gel 200mlSpecial Price £13.60 Regular Price £17.00
- Vichy Normaderm Probio-BHA Serum 30mlSpecial Price £28.00 Regular Price £35.00
- CeraVe Blemish Control Cleanser 236mlSpecial Price £10.40 Regular Price £13.00
- CeraVe Blemish Control Gel 40mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £15.00
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Triple Effect Cleansing Gel 150mlSpecial Price £10.80 Regular Price £13.50
- Antipodes Lime Caviar Collagen-Rich Firming Cream 60mlSpecial Price £28.00 Regular Price £35.00
- REN Jumbo Radiance Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 500mlSpecial Price £36.00 Regular Price £45.00
- REN Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 250mlSpecial Price £24.00 Regular Price £30.00Out of stock
- Vichy Normaderm Mattifying Anti-Imperfections Correcting Care 50mlSpecial Price £15.20 Regular Price £19.00Out of stock
- Uriage Age Protect Multi-Action Intensive Serum 30ml£28.99Out of stock
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ Ultra Concentrated Serum 30mlSpecial Price £32.00 Regular Price £40.00Out of stock
All you need to know about AHA & BHA
Should you use AHA or BHA products for your skin?
Your primary skincare concern should determine whether an AHA or BHA ingredient is suitable. Typically, if your skin concerns lay deep in your skin, such as acne or oily blemish-prone skin then a BHA product would be better. There are also many BHA and AHA skincare products that can tackle a variety of concerns. A BHA skincare product will penetrate deep into your skin and exfoliate pores, regulate sebum and more. On the other hand, if you want to tackle dryness, dullness and pigmentation, then AHA’s would be better.
Can you use AHA and BHA skincare products together?
Yes, it is safe to use AHA and BHA ingredients together if they are combined into one product (like CeraVe Blemish Control Gel Moisturiser). These products are carefully formulated with a balance of both AHA and BHA ingredients so that they do not irritate the skin. Using two separate AHA and BHA products increases the risk of irritation as they are not formulated to work together. As both ingredients are exfoliators, mixing them can damage the skin’s natural barrier.
How often should you use AHA and BHA products?
If you are starting your AHA or BHA journey, we recommend you use them every other day depending on the product. It is also important to consider the rest of your skincare routine as other active ingredients like retinol mixed with an AHA or BHA will irritate the skin. AHA and BHA cleansers are typically safe to use once a day. Whereas treatments with a stronger formulation should be used two or three times a week.