Dermatological Blackhead Remover & Spot Cream
- Vichy Normaderm Phytosolution Intensive Purifying Gel 200mlSpecial Price £10.13 Regular Price £14.95
- Vichy Normaderm Purifying Pore-Tightening Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £10.50 Regular Price £16.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar M Purifying Foaming Gel 200mlSpecial Price £11.25 Regular Price £15.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar H Ultra Soothing Hydrating Care 40mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar K+ Renovating Care For Oily Skin 30mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Astringent Micro-Exfoliant Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £11.25 Regular Price £15.00
- Bioderma Sebium Hydra Moisturising Replenishing Care 40mlSpecial Price £10.50 Regular Price £14.00
- Bioderma Sebium Purifying and Foaming Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £9.00 Regular Price £12.00
- Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner Corrective Concentrate 30mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- BioDerma Sensibio DS+ Soothing Purifying Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- BioDerma Sensibio DS+ Soothing Purifying Cream 40mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £17.00
- Bioderma Sebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel 500mlSpecial Price £13.50 Regular Price £18.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo(+) Unifiant Light Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo(+) Unifiant Medium Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ SPF30 Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £15.75 Regular Price £21.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel 400mlSpecial Price £16.50 Regular Price £22.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar H Soothing Cleansing Cream 200mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
Spots, Blackheads & Acne-Prone Skincare FAQs
What Is Acne And How Do You Stop It?
Understanding the causes of acne can be helpful in finding the right solution to acne – since there are many causes, from puberty to epilepsy medications. We wrote a guide to understanding and treating acne and acne-prone skin which you may find helpful, and which includes key steps like cleansing your skin and always applying moisturiser after washing.
Why Is Using A Cleanser So Important For Acne Prone Skin?
Cleansing is essential to acne-prone skin because it is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, and can help to remove dirt and bacteria that can cause your skin to break out excessively.
Shop for a gel formula where you can, as this will help to maintain your skin's natural balance. Anything too rich, and you could clog your pores even more. An enzyme cleanser should also be effective at removing dead skin cells, while speeding up the healing process when it comes to your blemishes.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF OVER-CLEANSING MY SKIN?
People with acne are more prone to over-washing their face to try and get rid of blocked pores and excess sebum. You shouldn't cleanse more than 2-3 times per day. If your skin feels very tight after cleansing, then you are cleansing too much. Other signs you may be over-cleansing include red skin, dry patches and more breakouts.
How Do I Get Rid Of Blackheads
Blackheads are one of the most common forms of acne. Regularly cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser that contains salicylic acid, before exfoliating with a product containing BHAs and AHAs. If you are finding redness an issue alongside blackheads, try a cleanser that combats redness.
You can also use a toner that will help to control shine, without drying the skin (use one without alcohol), and ensure that you use a face mask or nose strips at least once a week to control enlarged pores and fight bacteria that can lead to spots. Face masks containing charcoal are particularly effective at removing oils from the skin.
WHAT IS CAUSING ME TO HAVE SPOTS?
Everyone gets spots from time to time. If you frequently get breakouts, this could be due to a variety of reasons. Dirty make-up brushes could be spreading bacteria around, or you might not be taking your make-up off every night, which is one of the worst offenders. Other causes of spots include not changing bed linen regularly, not getting enough sleep, not drinking enough water and hormone fluctuations – from puberty or pregnancy, for example.