- Viridian Multivitamin Pregnancy Formula Capsules 120Special Price £24.08 Regular Price £30.10
- Viridian Multivitamin Pregnancy Formula Capsules 60Special Price £14.28 Regular Price £17.85
- Wild Nutrition Pregnancy + New Mother Support Capsules 90Special Price £31.20 Regular Price £39.00
- Nature's Aid Pregnancy Multi-Vitamins & Minerals Tablets 60Special Price £8.59 Regular Price £11.45
- Wild Nutrition Breastfeeding Support for Women Capsules 90Special Price £26.80 Regular Price £33.50
- Wild Nutrition Pregnancy + New Mother Omega 3 Capsules 60Special Price £18.00 Regular Price £22.50
- Wild Nutrition Pregnancy + New Mother Biotic Capsules 30Special Price £31.20 Regular Price £39.00
All you need to know about Pregnancy
Why should I take pre-natal supplements?
Many women choose to take pre-natal vitamins because they can help their unborn baby to grow and develop. Supplements can also help lower any risks of you and your baby developing certain conditions during pregnancy, including pre-term labour, sickness and birth defects.
When should I start taking pregnancy supplements?
As soon as you want to try for a baby, you should start taking pre-natal vitamins to ensure high vitamin and mineral levels in your body. In some people, this can increase their chances of getting pregnant. By taking vitamins before getting pregnant, your body is well prepared to carry and care for a baby, and can provide it with the nutrients it needs, without zapping your own body of vital nutrients. Check with your GP first, but it is common for women on pregnancy supplements to continue taking them both during and after pregnancy.
What are the symptoms of folic acid deficiency?
Folic acid deficiency can be dangerous for you and your baby. You should speak to your GP if you are experiencing constant fatigue and tiredness, weakness, have pale skin, feel short of breath and are frequently irritable during your pregnancy, as you may need to take a supplement for folic acid.
Does folic acid help you get pregnant?
It has been suggested in studies that folic acid can boost a person's fertility. Those who take multivitamins that are rich in folic acid are more likely to ovulate, resulting in a greater chance of conceiving.