Red Yeast Rice
Red yeast rice is the outcome of a type of yeast called Monascus purpureus fermented on rice. Red yeast rice contains valuable amounts of manocolin K, which is an active ingredient that is also found in some prescription cholesterol-lowering products. Therefore, has been used for centuries in Chinese medicine for its ability to reduce cholesterol levels, improve digestion, and improve blood circulation. Explore our range of trusted red yeast rice supplements to support your heart health.
- Terranova Red Yeast Rice, COQ-10 & Bergamot Complex Vegicaps 50Special Price £31.36 Regular Price £39.20
- Terranova Red Yeast Rice, COQ-10 & Bergamot Complex Vegicaps 100Special Price £56.99 Regular Price £71.23
- Terranova Red Yeast Rice Complex Vegicaps 50Special Price £28.63 Regular Price £35.78
- Solaray Red Yeast Rice 600mg Capsules 60Special Price £13.49 Regular Price £16.99
- Solaray Red Yeast Rice 600mg Capsules 30Special Price £7.99 Regular Price £9.99
- Solaray Red Yeast Rice + Co-Q10 Capsules 60Special Price £15.99 Regular Price £19.99
- Nature's Plus Source of Life Garden Red Yeast Rice 600mg VCaps 60Special Price £20.36 Regular Price £23.95
- Nature's Plus Herbal Actives Extended Release Red Yeast Rice 600mg Tabs 30Special Price £19.08 Regular Price £22.45
- Nature's Plus Herbal Actives Extended Release Red Yeast Rice 600mg Tabs 60Special Price £33.96 Regular Price £39.95
- Nature's Plus Herbal Actives Red Yeast Rice 600mg VCaps 60Special Price £16.96 Regular Price £19.95
- Nature's Plus Herbal Actives Red Yeast Rice 600mg VCaps 120Special Price £33.11 Regular Price £38.95
- HealthAid Red Yeast Rice Tablets 90Special Price £14.39 Regular Price £17.99
All you need to know about Red Yeast Rice
What are the benefits of Red Yeast Rice?
Red yeast rice is typically taken to reduce high cholesterol levels due to its substantial amount of the active ingredient manocolin K. Other potential benefits can include an improvement in heart health, decreased inflammation, improved digestion, and improved metabolic rate.
How long does it take for Red Yeast Rice to lower your cholesterol?
Depending on the red yeast rice supplement taken, it would usually take 6-8 weeks for there to be a change in your cholesterol levels.
Should I take Red Yeast Rice in the morning or evening?
Cholesterol increases during the night in most cases as we tend to consume more in the evenings. Therefore, taking a red yeast rice supplement in the evening would be the most effective time to take it. Eating fewer fatty foods late at night can also help with lowering cholesterol levels.