Niacinamide (also known as vitamin B3) is the ultimate anti-inflammatory ingredient for your skincare routine. This multifaceted skincare ingredient plays an important role in calming and soothing the skin, whilst helping to protect and restore the skin’s natural barrier. Niacinamide in skincare is beneficial for all skin types such as dry, oil, sensitive and atopic-prone skin. Browse through our range of niacinamide serums, creams, cleansers and treatments to boost your skincare regime.
- Avene Hyaluron Activ B3 Cell Renewal Day Cream 50mlSpecial Price £28.50 Regular Price £38.00
- Avene Hyaluron Activ B3 Plumping Serum 30mlSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £40.00
- CeraVe Blemish Control Gel 40mlSpecial Price £10.88 Regular Price £14.50
- Vichy Liftactiv Specialist B3 Serum 30mlSpecial Price £29.25 Regular Price £41.50
- CeraVe Micellar Cleansing Water 295mlSpecial Price £9.38 Regular Price £12.50
- Vichy Mineral 89 Probiotic Fractions Concentrate 30mlSpecial Price £23.25 Regular Price £34.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo(+) Unifiant Medium 40mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I. 15mlSpecial Price £10.50 Regular Price £14.00
- CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum 30mlSpecial Price £15.75 Regular Price £21.00Out of stock
- CeraVe Blemish Control Cleanser 236mlSpecial Price £9.75 Regular Price £13.00Out of stock
- La Roche-Posay Pure Niacinamide 10 Serum 30mlSpecial Price £33.75 Regular Price £45.00Out of stock
- Filorga Flash-Nude Fluid 30mlOut of stock
- CeraVe Foaming Cleanser 473mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £17.00Out of stock
- CeraVe Foaming Cleanser 236mlSpecial Price £8.63 Regular Price £11.50Out of stock
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo(+) Unifiant Light 40mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00Out of stock
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ 40mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00Out of stock
All you need to know about Niacinamide
How often should you use Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is gentle enough for everyday use, both morning and night. Thanks to its soothing anti-inflammatory properties, all skin types can benefit from using niacinamide. In most cases this ingredient is unlikely to irritate your skin or cause breakouts. However, excessively applying niacinamide can still cause skin irritation. Depending on the potency of the formulation, twice a day is sufficient.
Can you use niacinamide with retinol?
Yes, niacinamide and retinol work very well when used together. The soothing and calming properties of niacinamide work hand in hand with calming the irritation that can come with retinol. Whilst retinol focuses on stimulating skin cell renewal, niacinamide can simultaneously strengthen the skin’s natural barrier and tackle skin concerns like enlarged pores and uneven skin tone.
Is niacinamide good for oily skin?
Yes, niacinamide helps to control and regulate excess sebum production which is one of core concerns of oily skin. Niacinamide is a good addition to an oily skincare routine as the regulation and balance of sebum and inflammatory responses will leave you with clearer, smoother skin.
Does niacinamide help with acne scars?
Niacinamide supports the reduction of blemishes and imperfections through the regulation of sebum production, which in turn reduces the amount of acne scarring. However, it does not directly work on fading acne scars.