Vitamin C Supplements
Vitamin C is one the most well-known vitamins and for good reason. Beyond being used to treat scurvy back in the seafaring days of old, it is known to be vitally important for keeping us healthy.
Alongside keeping your immune system strong and helping with bone healing, you can use vitamin C tablets for healthier skin.
While there are many citrus fruits and some vegetables which contain vitamin C, many people choose to take vitamin C supplements to ensure they are getting their daily dose. Vitamin C supplements are also popular for dealing with common illnesses, such as colds and flu.
Our range of vitamin C supplements are available as chewable tablets, soluble tabs and powders.
- Solaray Timed Release Vitamin C 1000mg Capsules 250Special Price £23.99 Regular Price £29.99
- Solaray Time Release Super Bio Vitamin C Capsules 250Special Price £27.99 Regular Price £34.99
- Nature's Bounty Vitamin C Gummies 60Special Price £7.49 Regular Price £9.99
- Lifeplan Vitamin C & Zinc Lozenges 90Special Price £6.71 Regular Price £8.39
- Lifeplan Vitamin C & Zinc Lozenges 30Special Price £3.59 Regular Price £4.49
- Lifeplan Vitamin C Timed Release 1000mg Tabs 120Special Price £8.63 Regular Price £10.79
- Lifeplan Vitamin C Timed Release 1000mg Tabs 60Special Price £5.99 Regular Price £7.49
- Lifeplan Chewable Vitamin C 500mg Tabs 90Special Price £5.80 Regular Price £7.25
- Lifeplan Buffered Vitamin C 1000mg Tabs 90Special Price £9.75 Regular Price £12.19
- Lifeplan Buffered Vitamin C 1000mg Tabs 30Special Price £4.55 Regular Price £5.69
- Lifeplan Buffered Vitamin C 500mg Tabs 90Special Price £5.80 Regular Price £7.25
- Coyne Healthcare Biomax Vitamin C Liposomal Caps 30Special Price £21.00 Regular Price £24.00
- Nature's Plus Vitamin C 500mg Chew Tabs 60Special Price £7.61 Regular Price £8.95
- Nature's Bounty Vitamin C & Zinc Gummies 60Special Price £8.99 Regular Price £9.99
All you need to know about Vitamin C
Will Vitamin C boost my immune system?
Yes. Vitamin C is an antioxidant - this means that it helps fight oxidative stress in the body. Vitamin C also plays a direct role in helping the immune system to function and adapt to new pathogens, improving the function of T-Cells which fight new diseases.
Should I take Vitamin C and Zinc together?
For your immune system these two combined have been shown to be really effective. Studies of people suffering from the common cold have shown that using Vitamin C and Zinc supplements reduce both the severity and incidence of the common cold. Many of these studies advocate that if everyone took Vitamin C and Zinc throughout the winter then it would significantly reduce the incidence of the common cold.
Is Vitamin C good for my skin?
Yes it can be. Vitamin C is an antioxidant so it can help protect the skin from environmental damage which might cause ageing. In addition Vitamin C also plays a role in collagen formation in the skin. Collagen is essential to keep skin looking young and radiant.
How do I know if I am deficient in Vitamin C?
Vitamin C deficiency can be quite subtle because most people obtain some from food sources like juices or fruits. Rough and bumpy skin can sometimes be an indication that you might be deficient in Vitamin C. Some people notice that their body hairs are twisted like a screw. You can also have concave and brittle nails. In the most severe cases of Vitamin C deficiency you can get scurvy but this is quite uncommon in the western world.
Can I overdose on Vitamin C?
It would be quite hard to overdose on Vitamin C. The body can't store it so for the most part if you take too much then your body expels it as waste.