Theanine is an amino acid that is commonly found in mushrooms and tea. It is very similar to glutamine in structure, and is naturally produced by our bodies. It helps nerve function within the brain, and theanine supplements can be used to treat stress, mental health problems such as anxiety, and problems with cognitive function. You should consult your GP if you think you require a theanine supplement.
- Higher Nature L-Theanine Vegan Capsules 30Special Price £6.84 Regular Price £8.55
- Higher Nature L-Theanine Vegan Capsules 90Special Price £18.84 Regular Price £23.55
- Lamberts Theanine & Lemon Balm Complex Tablets 60Special Price £12.49 Regular Price £15.95
- HealthAid L-Theanine 200mg Tablets 60Special Price £9.59 Regular Price £11.99
- Lamberts L-Theanine 200mg Tablets 60Special Price £12.99 Regular Price £15.95
- Solgar L-Theanine 150mg Vegicaps 60Special Price £24.99 Regular Price £35.75Out of stock
- Solgar L-Theanine 150mg Vegicaps 30Special Price £13.49 Regular Price £18.99Out of stock
All you need to know about Theanine
What is theanine good for?
Theanine is an amino acid that has many benefits related to brain health and cognitive function. It helps improve concentration and focus, especially for longer periods of time, and can also help people with learning disabilities to improve cognitive skills and development. If combined with caffeine, a person's ability to switch from one task to another is considerably improved. Theanine can also be used to treat mental health conditions such as anxiety and stress.
How much theanine should I be taking?
Theanine should be taken in the short term, when prescribed or recommended by a doctor. A 400mg dose can be safely used for up to 8 weeks. Past this time period, you should speak to your GP. Headaches and sleepiness can occur in those who take too much theanine.
Is it safe for me to take theanine?
Like any supplement, there are some precautions you should take if you plan on using theanine. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you should not take theanine because of the lack of available evidence into its effects on pregnant women. If you already suffer from low blood pressure, you may find that taking theanine can lower your blood pressure even more, so make sure to consult your doctor first.
Does theanine make you happy?
Theanine is good at treating mental health problems like depression, anxiety and stress. It helps to calm our emotions and enables us to concentrate and focus better. Theanine also increases levels of dopamine in the body, which lifts our mood, making us feel happy.