- HealthAid Flaxseed Oil 1000mg Capsules 60Special Price £10.39 Regular Price £12.99
- Lamberts Flaxseed Oil 1000mg Capsules 90Special Price £11.96 Regular Price £14.95
- Viridian 100% Organic Golden Flaxseed Oil 500mlSpecial Price £18.28 Regular Price £22.85
- Nature's Aid Flaxseed Oil 1000mg Softgels 90Special Price £8.99 Regular Price £11.99
- Nature's Aid Flaxseed Oil 1000mg Softgels 180Special Price £14.24 Regular Price £18.99
- Nature's Aid Flaxseed Oil 1000mg Softgels 135Special Price £10.19 Regular Price £11.99
- Solaray Flaxseed Oil 1000mg Softgels 90Special Price £11.99 Regular Price £14.99
- Solgar Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil 1250mg Softgels 100Special Price £15.38 Regular Price £20.50Out of stock
- Higher Nature Flaxseed Oil Capsules 180Special Price £17.56 Regular Price £21.95Out of stock
- Viridian 100% Organic Golden Flaxseed Oil 200mlSpecial Price £8.44 Regular Price £10.55Out of stock
All you need to know about Flaxseed Oil
What are the benefits of flaxseed oil?
Flaxseed oil is full of omega-3 fatty acids that are beneficial to health (much like flax seeds). One tablespoon of flaxseed oil contains 7,196 mg of omega-3 fatty acids, including alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). The body converts this fatty acid into other fatty acids known as EPA and DHA. If you are not getting enough fatty acids in your diet, you should eat more oily fish such as tuna, salmon and sardines, or nuts and seeds. Alternatively, a flaxseed oil supplement is a great way to meet your daily recommended amount of ALA. Omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseed oil are known to improve heart and brain health, inflammation and joint issues, among other health benefits.
Is flaxseed oil good for the heart?
Many studies have suggested that flaxseed oil is beneficial for cardiovascular health. Because of the high levels of omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseed oil, taking just one tablespoon per day for 12 weeks can lead to lower blood pressure levels and an improved elasticity in the arteries, which are responsible for pumping blood away from the heart and around the body. Flaxseed oil can also help with inflammation that is associated with cardiovascular conditions.
Is flaxseed oil good for my skin?
Yes – flaxseed oil is great for skin health. It has been suggested via studies that after 12 weeks of taking flaxseed oil supplements, skin health and appearance is much improved, and feels more hydrated and smooth. Flaxseed oil can also be used to treat redness, itchy skin and dermatitis.
Can I take flaxseed oil every day?
It has been suggested that taking a flaxseed oil supplement capsule every day can help to reduce levels of cholesterol and lower your risk of developing heart disease, diabetes and metabolic syndrome. Always consult your GP before taking any supplements or making changes to your diet.