Ginseng is an Asian plant that has been used in Chinese medicine through the ages. It has fleshy roots and usually takes around four years to grow before it is harvested. Red ginseng can take up to six years to grow. Ginseng is very relaxing, and can be used to promote well-being, peaceful sleep and feelings of calm. It can be useful in treating signs of stress and inflammation, and has antioxidant properties. It can also used to treat skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Discover our range of ginseng supplements.
- Terranova Siberian Ginseng 500mg Capsules 50Special Price £8.36 Regular Price £10.45
- Terranova Siberian Ginseng 500mg Capsules 100Special Price £8.36 Regular Price £10.45
- Lifeplan Siberian Ginseng Caps 60Special Price £9.03 Regular Price £11.29
- Lifeplan Emperor Ginseng Caps 60Special Price £12.95 Regular Price £16.19
- Living Nutrition Organic Fermented Red Ginseng Caps 60Special Price £27.99 Regular Price £34.99
- Quest Vitamins Siberian Ginseng Extract 35mg Tabs 30Special Price £3.54 Regular Price £5.05
- Nature's Answer American Ginseng 30mlSpecial Price £16.14 Regular Price £18.99
- Nature's Answer Eleuthero 60mlSpecial Price £16.19 Regular Price £17.99
- Terranova Cordyceps,Rhodiola & Ginseng Super-Blend Powder 30gSpecial Price £21.64 Regular Price £27.05
- Nature's Aid Active Man Tablets 60Special Price £8.21 Regular Price £10.95
- Nature's Aid Siberian Ginseng Tablets 90Special Price £7.46 Regular Price £9.95
- Nature's Aid Red Clover Complex Tablets 120Special Price £13.46 Regular Price £17.95
- Nature's Aid Red Clover Complex Tablets 60Special Price £8.21 Regular Price £10.95
- Nature's Aid Korean Ginseng Tablets 90Special Price £10.46 Regular Price £13.95
- A.Vogel Siberian Ginseng 50mlSpecial Price £9.19 Regular Price £11.49
- Lamberts Siberian Ginseng 1500mg Tablets 60Special Price £8.49 Regular Price £10.95
- Lamberts Korean Ginseng 1200mg Tablets 60Special Price £5.99 Regular Price £7.50
- HealthAid Siberian Ginseng 250mg Capsules 30Special Price £8.39 Regular Price £10.49
- HealthAid Korean Ginseng 250mg Capsules 50Special Price £9.59 Regular Price £11.99
- Solgar Korean Ginseng Root Extract Vegicaps 60Special Price £24.49 Regular Price £34.99
- HealthAid Mega-Multi (with Ginseng) Tablets 30Special Price £9.59 Regular Price £11.99
- Solgar Siberian Ginseng 520mg Vegicaps 100Special Price £11.49 Regular Price £15.99
- Solgar Siberian Ginseng Root Extract Vegicaps 60Special Price £12.99 Regular Price £17.99
- HealthAid Siberian Ginseng Liquid 50mlSpecial Price £7.99 Regular Price £9.99
- Solgar Korean Ginseng 520mg Vegicaps 50Special Price £14.99 Regular Price £21.50
- HealthAid Korean Ginseng Liquid 50mlSpecial Price £12.79 Regular Price £15.99
- Terranova Chinese Red Ginseng 500mg Vegicaps 50Special Price £19.76 Regular Price £24.70
All you need to know about Ginseng
Can ginseng improve erectile dysfunction?
Ginseng has been proven to provide relief from the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, as it helps to protect the body from oxidative stresses that may occur in tissue and blood vessels, helping to restore normal sexual function. Ginseng also increases the production of nitric oxide, which increases blood flow to the penis. In one study, red ginseng was particularly effective at helping men with erectile dysfunction, with participants noticing up to a 60% improvement.
Can ginseng ease fatigue?
Ginseng can boost energy levels, helping the body to tackle fatigue. The polysaccharides and oligopeptides in ginseng lower oxidative stress in cells and boost energy production, which has been shown in studies. One study in particular gave cancer patients suffering from fatigue ginseng supplements for eight weeks. After the experiment, they noticed their energy levels were much higher. Ginseng supplements can also help boost performance in physical activity like sports.
How do I add ginseng to my diet?
You can eat ginseng root raw, or steam it and include it in cooking. You can place some in a cup and pour boiling water over it to make ginseng tea, or add it to stir-frys or curries. If you are taking ginseng supplements, between 200-400mg is the recommended dose. Lower doses are best to start with, increasing over time. Ginseng supplements are best taken after food to line the stomach.
What are the side effects of ginseng?
You should talk to your doctor before taking ginseng supplements. While ginseng is safe for most people and shouldn't produce any major side effects, it may reduce the effectiveness of anticoagulant drugs. If you are diabetic, you should keep a close watch on your blood sugar levels when taking ginseng, as it could cause them to dip sharply. Ginseng is also not recommended for breastfeeding or pregnant women. The effects of ginseng can wear off the more you take it, so take it for no more than three weeks at a time, and then take a break.