Fish Oils for Kids
Fish oils are high in essential omega-3 fatty acids, and are important for a child's growth and development, brain function and health. Providing plenty of fish that is high in omega-3 in your child's diet is very important, as it can potentially improve sleep quality and any ADHD symptoms. If your child doesn't like fish, a fish oil supplement is a great way to give them the fatty acids they need.
- Minami DHA + EPA Liquid for Kids 100mlSpecial Price £26.99 Regular Price £29.95
- Wiley's Finest Beginner's DHA for Kids 125mlSpecial Price £26.39 Regular Price £32.99
- Nature's Aid Super Stars Omega-3 Liquid 150mlSpecial Price £8.96 Regular Price £11.95
- Cleanmarine Krill Oil for Kids 200mg Marine Gelcaps 60Special Price £10.49 Regular Price £12.99
- Pharmanord BIOmega-3 Kids Fish Oil 1000mg Caps 120Special Price £7.96 Regular Price £9.95
- Nature's Plus Animal Parade DHA Chewables 90Special Price £13.22 Regular Price £15.55
- Nature's Plus Animal Parade Omega 3-6-9 Junior Softgels 90Special Price £16.96 Regular Price £19.95
- Minami Nutrition MorDHA Mini Strawberry Softgels 60Special Price £22.27 Regular Price £24.75
- Lamberts Omega-3 for Kids Berry Chew Caps 100Special Price £10.99 Regular Price £13.95
- Solgar Children's Chewable DHA Chewie Gels 90Special Price £16.49 Regular Price £23.25
- Wild Nutrition Child's Strength Omega-3 Capsules 60Special Price £16.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Wiley's Finest Elementary EPA for Kids 125mlSpecial Price £26.39 Regular Price £32.99Out of stock
- Minami Nutrition MorEPA Mini Junior Softgels 60Special Price £19.80 Regular Price £22.00Out of stock
- Bare Biology Action Heroes Pure Omega-3 for Kids 100ml£28.50Out of stock
All you need to know about Fish Oils for Kids
Is fish oil good for kids?
Fish oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are crucial in order to maintain and achieve a healthy diet. These fatty acids are important for children, as they are essential for growth and development. It has been suggested that omega-3 supplements may reduce symptoms of ADHD in children – boosting learning ability, memory, focus and attention span. A study has shown that children who take 1,300mg of omega-3 on a daily basis experienced noticeable improvements in their behaviours linked to ADHD. It has also been suggested that omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce asthma symptoms. In children, lower levels of omega-3 fatty acids have also been linked to sleep problems. Taking a 600mg fish oil supplement can also help ease sleep disturbances in children.
How much fish oil should I give my child?
If your child is between 1-12 months you should give them 0.5g. Between 1 and 3 years old, you should give them 0.7g per day. Between 4 and 8 years old, 0.9g per day.
How can I give my child fish oil?
It is best to mix fish oil into your child's food to hide the taste, as it can have a fishy flavour and smell. Put it on some toast and hide it with jam, or drizzle it over pasta rather than olive oil. You can also pour it onto veggies, mix it into sauces, or drizzle it over meat. If your child is already getting fish in their diet, they shouldn't need fish oils as supplements.
Can your child have too much fish oil?
It is possible to have too much fish oil in your diet. Side effects include nosebleeds and bleeding gums, and high blood sugar, as too much omega-3 can overstimulate the production of glucose in the body. If your child is taking too much fish oil, they may also suffer with digestive discomfort and diarrhoea.