Since ancient times, nettle has been used to treat a variety of health complaints, including back pain and arthritis. Modern research has shed a lot of light on the benefits of nettle, which include defence from free radicals and raising antioxidant properties in the blood. Nettle is also high in vitamins C, A and K, all amino acids, fatty acids, iron, calcium and magnesium. Shop our range of nettle powders, drops and capsules.
- Lifeplan Nettle 220mg Caps 50Special Price £5.43 Regular Price £6.79
- Nature's Answer Nettle Leaf 30mlSpecial Price £10.79 Regular Price £11.99
- Terranova Quercetin Nettle Complex Vegicaps 50Special Price £15.44 Regular Price £19.30
- Terranova Tart Cherry, Nettle & Turmeric Super-Blend Powder 50gSpecial Price £17.64 Regular Price £22.05
- Terranova Nettle Root, Lycopene & Zinc Complex Vegicaps 100Special Price £21.84 Regular Price £27.30
- Terranova Nettle Root, Lycopene & Zinc Complex Vegicaps 50Special Price £12.36 Regular Price £15.45
- Nature's Aid Saw Palmetto Complex Tablets 60Special Price £12.71 Regular Price £16.95
- Nature's Aid Celery Seed Complex Tablets 60Special Price £8.21 Regular Price £10.95
- A.Vogel Stinging Nettle 50mlSpecial Price £9.25 Regular Price £10.85
- Terranova Quercetin Nettle Complex Vegicaps 100Special Price £26.84 Regular Price £33.55
- Solgar Nettle Leaf Extract Vegicaps 60Special Price £14.99 Regular Price £20.99Out of stock
All you need to know about Nettle
Can nettle fight inflammation?
Our body increases inflammation when it is trying to fight an infection or a virus. Nettle supplements can greatly reduce the symptoms of inflammation when either taken orally or when used in creams that are applied topically to ease skin conditions or areas that are suffering from joint pain as a result of muscular or nerve conditions. In studies, nettle cream has been successfully used to alleviate joint pain associated with arthritis.
Where are the health benefits of nettle?
Nettle can be used to treat a variety of complaints, including high blood pressure, hay fever, an enlarged prostate, inflammation and joint pain, excessive bleeding post-surgery, and problems with liver health. It is a natural diuretic, which also helps your body to remove excess salt and water, in turn helping to lower blood pressure. Topically, it can be used to treat and heal skin burns and wounds.
What are the side effects of nettle?
You should always be careful if you handle fresh nettle leaves, as these can greatly irritate the skin and cause hives, bumps on the skin and itchiness in some people. Some people may even have severe reactions to nettle, in which they are unable to breathe. Consult your GP before taking nettle supplements. Nettle supplements are generally considered safe, but some side effects may occur including an upset stomach and digestive problems. If you are pregnant, you should not take nettle supplements, as they can cause uterine contractions which could lead to miscarriage.
Does nettle help hair growth?
Nettle is a known supplement for helping to combat hair loss and hair thinning. Nettle leaves are high in silica and sulphur, which helps to make hair more healthy and shiny, and encourages hair growth. Nettle supplements, and rinsing hair with nettle extract in water, can help hair to re-grow.