Olives are fruits that are packed with antioxidants, vitamin E and fats that are good for you. They are a staple in the Mediterranean diet, and an olive supplement is a great way to get all the benefits and nutrients of the olive tree, which has many health benefits including antioxidant properties, lowering blood pressure, aiding weight loss, reducing cholesterol, stimulating brain health and supporting the immune system. Get your top-up of olive leaf supplements here.
- Solaray Olive Leaf 300mg Capsules 100Special Price £7.99 Regular Price £9.99
- Nature's Answer OleoPein Olive Leaf 60mlSpecial Price £17.09 Regular Price £18.99
- Terranova Olive Leaf 450mg Vegicaps 50Special Price £17.29 Regular Price £21.62
- Terranova Elderberry & Olive Leaf Powder 40gSpecial Price £20.29 Regular Price £25.37
- Viridian Olive Leaf Extract Veg Caps 30Special Price £7.04 Regular Price £8.80
- Viridian Olive Leaf Extract Veg Caps 90Special Price £16.40 Regular Price £20.50
- Lindens Olive Leaf (27mg oleuropein) Tablets 60£5.99Out of stock
All you need to know about Olive Leaf
What are the benefits of olive leaf extract?
Olive leaf extract is very good for overall health, and helps to protect the digestive, nervous and immune systems. It is also antimicrobial, has been found to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and cancer, reduces inflammation, and prevents cell damage. Olive leaf extract supplements can also be taken to aid weight loss, boost heart health and protect the body from infection.
How much olive leaf should I take?
The daily recommended dose is between 500-1,000mg, which can either be taken in one go or divided into smaller doses across the day. Speak to your GP before taking olive leaf supplements. Always begin with a smaller dose and gradually build up to a larger dose as your body adjusts.
Does olive leaf help heart health?
Olive leaf extract has been shown in studies to relieve symptoms of heart disease, and other conditions in which patients experience a narrowing of the arteries. It can also help to lower levels of bad cholesterol, with cholesterol levels decreasing after 8 weeks of taking the supplement. Results will however vary from person to person.
Is olive leaf good for type 2 diabetes?
Yes – a study has shown that olive leaf can improve insulin secretion in the body. It can also help to control levels of glucose in the blood, reduce the impact of free radicals, lower cholesterol levels and other oxidative stresses. If you are thinking of taking olive leaf supplements for type 2 diabetes, you should speak to your GP.