Life Extension D L-Phenylalanine 500mg Vegicaps 100
Why not try...
- Life Extension Pumpkin Seed Extract Water-Soluble Vegicaps 60Water-Soluble Pumpkin Seed Extract, ...£16.58
- Life Extension Standardized Cistanche Vegicaps 30The echinacoside compound found in ...£16.58
- Life Extension L-Taurine Powder 300gL-Taurine Powder, 300 gramsis a sup ...£16.80
- Life Extension Asian Energy Boost Vegicaps 90Asian Energy Boost, 90 vegetarian c ...£18.54
- Life Extension Anti-Alcohol HepatoProtection Complex Vegicaps 60✓ Anti-Alcohol Antioxidants with ...£17.76Out of stock
- Life Extension CoffeeGenic Green Coffee Extract 400mg Vegicaps 90CoffeeGenic® Green Coffee Extract, ...£16.48
L-phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that cannot be naturally manufactured by your body. It needs to be acquired via external sources and then converted within your body through several steps. It begins in the liver, where it is converted to L-tyrosine. The process continues in the brain and adrenal glands, where L-tyrosine can be converted to dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine (adrenaline hormone). These hormones are often reduced by stress, overwork and certain drugs and need to be replenished. Norepinephrine, for example, enhances mental energy levels that often induce a feeling of contentment. The conversion step from L-tyrosine to norepinephrine may be enhanced if the co-factors (vitamins B6 and C) are included. Cells in the adrenal medulla synthesise and secrete norepinephrine and epinephrine. Because norepinephrine and epinephrine can cause smooth muscle (arterial) contraction, supplementing with L-phenylalanine is not recommended for individuals prone to high blood pressure. D,L-phenylalanine is a 50/50 mixture of the stereoisomers D-phenylalanine and L- phenylalanine.
|Disclaimer||This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Results are not guaranteed and may vary from individual to individual.|
|Sustainability Committment||Landys Chemist is committed to creating a more sustainable world. As part of our commitment we only use recyclable materials for our packaging. That means no plastic waste and we're alway looking for ways to improve further. In addition we recycle the vast majority of our own waste. We also provide invoices electronically rather than on paper to reduce paper waste.|
As an NHS business we work tirelessly to provide support to our local community with a particular focus on those most vulnerable and in need. In addition we also support a number of local charities in North West London to try and help create a more equitable society.