What is the difference between an Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum and Aftershave?
The only difference between these two products is the concentration of essential oils. An Eau de Toilette will have between 8% and 12% concentration of essential oils whereas an Eau de Parfum has between 12 and 18%. An Eau de Cologne generally has a slightly lower concentration of essential oils compared with an Eau de Toilette. Aftershaves typically only contain 1-3% of the essential oils.
Typically you get the most longevity from an Eau de Parfum and the least from an aftershave. That said, because aftershave lotions have a higher alcohol content many people find that this reduces post-shave irritation.
What's the difference between Aftershave Lotions and Balms?
Aftershave lotion, or splash, is an alcohol based liquid that you would splash on your face after shaving. An aftershave balm is alcohol free and more creamy and helps to hydrate your skin. If you suffer from dry skin, or are prone to razor burn or bumps balm may be the choice for you. Aftershave Lotion can help to reduce the chances of post-shave irritation too.
- Yves Saint Laurent Y For Men Aftershave Lotion 100ml£39.00Out of stock
- Yves Saint Laurent Y for Men Aftershave Balm 100ml£32.50Out of stock
- Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Nuit After Shave Lotion 100ml£39.50Out of stock
- Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Aftershave Balm 100ml£27.00Out of stock
- Prada Luna Rossa After Shave Lotion 125ml£41.00Out of stock
- Paco Rabanne Invictus Aftershave Balm 100ml£31.00Out of stock
- Paco Rabanne 1 Million Aftershave Balm 75ml£26.00Out of stock
- Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Soothing Aftershave Balm 100ml£31.50Out of stock
- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Aftershave Lotion 125ml£38.00Out of stock
- Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Aftershave Lotion 100ml£39.50Out of stock
- Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Aftershave Lotion 100ml£32.50Out of stock