Solgar Folate 400ug Tablets 50
Why not try...
- Nature's Aid PremEeze Agnus Castus 400mg Capsules 60Traditional herbal medicinal produc ...£7.99
Folate is the most absorbable form of Folic Acid. Folic acid must first be converted to its active form by a series of biochemical steps, before it is able to be used by the body. Methylfoalte requires no conversion because it is body-ready. This can be very useful for individuals whose bodies have difficulty converting folic acid to its active form.
Folate has a variety of health benefits including but not limited to:
1. Supports Normal Fetal Development - Folate reduces the chances of certain birth defects by as much as 50% as long. These benefits can be gained by taking it 1 month prior to conception up until 3 months after conception.
2. Promotes Sperm Viability - Men with a lower folate intake have been shown to have sperm with incorrect chromosomal structure.
3. Heart Health - Folate helps metabolize homocysteine into methionine, an essential amino acid. Without adequate folate, homocysteine levels increase. You don’t want this; homocysteine has been linked to atherosclerosis and cardiovascular problems. Folate may also reduce the risk of a stroke happening.
4. Encourages Normal Cholesterol Levels - In the study of 124 individuals, researchers observed significant reductions in LDL cholesterol levels in subjects who’d supplemented with 400ug of folic acid daily for 12 weeks.
5. Provides Neurological Support - A Korean study of elderly patients found that those suffering from dementia had the highest levels of homocysteine, and the lowest folate levels.
6. Great for Colon Health
7. Reduces the Risk of Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Please note: The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Results are not guaranteed and may vary from individual to individual.
|Ingredients||Bulking Agents: (mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose), Anti-caking Agents: (vegetable stearic acid, silicon dioxide, vegetable magnesium stearate), Crosslinked Cellulose Gum, Folate (as calcium-L-methylfolate as Metafolin®).|
|Disclaimer||Please note: The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Results are not guaranteed and may vary from individual to individual.|
|Sustainability Committment||Landys Chemist is committed to creating a more sustainable world. As part of our commitment we only use recyclable materials for our packaging. That means no plastic waste and we're alway looking for ways to improve further. In addition we recycle the vast majority of our own waste. We also provide invoices electronically rather than on paper to reduce paper waste.|
As an NHS business we work tirelessly to provide support to our local community with a particular focus on those most vulnerable and in need. In addition we also support a number of local charities in North West London to try and help create a more equitable society.