Why not try...
- Lamberts Garlic 8250mg Tablets 60Lamberts Garlic 8250mg Tablets: ...Special Price £9.49 Regular Price £11.95
- HealthAid Osteoflex Cream 100mlThe optimum formulation for healthy ...Special Price £9.59 Regular Price £11.99
- Pharmanord Bio-Vitamin D3 5000iu 125mcg caps 30Pharmanord Bio-Vitamin 5000iu -125m ...Special Price £8.71 Regular Price £10.25
- Lamberts Vitamin D3 2000iu Capsules 120Lamberts Vitamin D3 2000iu Capsules ...Special Price £8.99 Regular Price £11.50
- A.Vogel Passiflora Complex 50mlPassiflora Complex is a herbal tinc ...Special Price £9.59 Regular Price £11.99
- Solgar Inositol 500mg Vegicaps 50Solgar Inositol 500mg Vegetable Cap ...Special Price £8.49 Regular Price £13.50Out of stock
Solgar Folate 400ug Tablets:
- Supports healthy maternal tissue growth during pregnancy
- Highly recommended for pregnant women and those trying to conceive
- Supports general wellbeing for men and women of all ages
- Also known as Vitamin B9
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Kosher
The benefits of taking Folate:
Folate is the most absorbable form of Folic Acid. Folic acid must first be converted to its active form by a series of biochemical steps, before it is able to be used by the body. Methylfoalte requires no conversion because it is body-ready. This can be very useful for individuals whose bodies have difficulty converting folic acid to its active form.
Folate has a variety of health benefits including but not limited to:
1. Supports Normal Fetal Development - Folate reduces the chances of certain birth defects by as much as 50% as long. These benefits can be gained by taking it 1 month prior to conception up until 3 months after conception.
2. Promotes Sperm Viability - Men with a lower folate intake have been shown to have sperm with incorrect chromosomal structure.
3. Heart Health - Folate helps metabolize homocysteine into methionine, an essential amino acid. Without adequate folate, homocysteine levels increase. You don’t want this; homocysteine has been linked to atherosclerosis and cardiovascular problems. Folate may also reduce the risk of a stroke happening.
4. Encourages Normal Cholesterol Levels - In the study of 124 individuals, researchers observed significant reductions in LDL cholesterol levels in subjects who’d supplemented with 400ug of folic acid daily for 12 weeks.
5. Provides Neurological Support - A Korean study of elderly patients found that those suffering from dementia had the highest levels of homocysteine, and the lowest folate levels.
6. Great for Colon Health
7. Reduces the Risk of Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Solgar Folate 400ug Tablets are free-from:
Free from: Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Soya, Yeast, Preservatives, Artificial Flavours or Colours
Please note: The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Results are not guaranteed and may vary from individual to individual.
|Ingredients||Bulking Agents: (mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose), Anti-caking Agents: (vegetable stearic acid, silicon dioxide, vegetable magnesium stearate), Crosslinked Cellulose Gum, Folate (as calcium-L-methylfolate as Metafolin®).|
|Disclaimer||This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Results may vary from individual to individual. While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Please check the bottle for the most up to date information.|
|Suitable for||Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Age Range||15-35, 36-49, Over 50|
|Sustainability Committment||Landys Chemist is committed to creating a more sustainable world. As part of our commitment we only use recyclable materials for our packaging. That means no plastic waste and we're alway looking for ways to improve further. In addition we recycle the vast majority of our own waste. We also provide invoices electronically rather than on paper to reduce paper waste.|
As an NHS business we work tirelessly to provide support to our local community with a particular focus on those most vulnerable and in need. In addition we also support a number of local charities in North West London to try and help create a more equitable society.
Here’s what our other customers thought...
- Very useful for my wife during pregnancy, easy to swallow and doing the job. Products from this brand are in general my favourites, however they are a
- Best on the market and brought my folic levels back up.Ill continue to use this in the future
- Better than any folic acid product. folate is more easily absorbed by the body therefore better than other commercial vitamins
- Easy to take and much prefer to the synthetic Folic Acid form.
- I took those when I was diagnosed folate deficient and after two months my levels of folate are fine again.
- Great quality ever.
- I've been taking the capsules for six days and now I want to say I'm 100% satisfied with this product
- high potency pills. absolutely love these
- I have a folate deficiency due to numerous food allergies. I'm not keen on veggies etc but I do juice them and drink a mix of greens. I use these
- I was recommended Folate and vit B12 by my GP after a blood test, after 3 months the levels in my blood of both are back to normal, so am very happy w
- I like it! Folic acid level tests comes all good so assume is working :)
- Switched from folic acid to folate for my prenatal. They are small so so easy to swallow!
- I really like it and I feel having more energy after using this product.
- Brilliant. I notice the difference on my skin. It's softer, smoother and I don't even consume a lot of Zinc a day, just a stick of celery.
- Good quality product, easy to swallow.
- A very well digestible product for people who want to supplement folic acid in their diet and for women planning pregnancies. Very good, clean composi
- Great product
- always good