Weleda Skin Food Review
The Weleda Brand:
Weleda is a natural beauty and skincare brand that was founded in 1921 in Switzerland. The brand was established by a group of doctors and pharmacists who wanted to create natural products that would help people achieve better health and wellbeing. Today, Weleda is a global brand with products sold in more than 50 countries.
One of the key principles of Weleda is to use natural and organic ingredients in their products. The company sources ingredients from biodynamic and organic farms, and they use a variety of plants, flowers, and minerals in their products. Weleda also employs sustainable and ethical practices in their production processes.
The brand offers a wide range of products, including skincare, body care, hair care, and baby care products. Some of their most popular products include the Skin Food line, which is designed to nourish and hydrate dry and rough skin, and the Calendula Baby Care line, which is formulated to be gentle and soothing for babies' delicate skin.
Why Is Weleda Skin Food So Popular?
Weleda Skin Food (Original) is a popular product because of its highly moisturizing and nourishing formula that deeply hydrates and softens dry and rough skin. Made with natural and organic ingredients, such as sunflower seed oil, beeswax, and shea butter, Skin Food is free from synthetic fragrances, colours, and preservatives, making it an appealing choice for those who prefer natural and organic skincare products. It's a versatile product that can be used on different areas of the body, including the face, hands, feet, and elbows, and can also be used as a makeup primer, cuticle cream, or to soothe skin after sun exposure. With its rich and thick formula, Skin Food provides long-lasting hydration and protection to the skin, making it a favourite among those with chronically dry or rough skin. It’s an effective and affordable product that can benefit a wide range of skin types and concerns.
They have also launched a Skin Food (light) range for those who prefer a lighter texture and formulation.
Key Ingredients In Weleda Skin Food:
Weleda Skin Food (Original) is a deeply nourishing and moisturizing cream that is formulated with natural and organic ingredients.
Some of the key ingredients and benefits of Weleda Skin Food (Original) include:
- Sunflower seed oil: Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, sunflower seed oil helps to protect and nourish the skin, leaving it soft and supple.
- Beeswax: A natural emollient, beeswax helps to seal in moisture and protect the skin from environmental stressors.
- Shea butter: A highly moisturizing ingredient, shea butter helps to soften and hydrate dry and rough skin.
- Rosemary leaf extract: Rich in antioxidants, rosemary leaf extract helps to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Calendula flower extract: Known for its soothing and healing properties, calendula flower extract helps to calm, and repair irritated or inflamed skin.
- Chamomile flower extract: Another soothing ingredient, chamomile flower extract helps to calm and reduce redness in the skin.
What Is The Difference Between The Original Weleda Skin Food and Skin Food Light?
Weleda Skin Food and Weleda Skin Food Light are both moisturisers in the Weleda Skin Food range, but they have some key differences:
- Texture: The main difference between the two products is their texture. Weleda Skin Food is a rich and thick cream, while Weleda Skin Food Light has a lighter texture that absorbs more quickly into the skin.
- Formulation: Weleda Skin Food Light is formulated with lighter oils, such as sunflower oil and jojoba oil, while Weleda Skin Food has a heavier formulation that includes beeswax and shea butter. This difference in formulation results in Weleda Skin Food Light being lighter and more suitable for daily use, while Weleda Skin Food is best for very dry or rough skin, or as a targeted treatment for specific areas of the body.
- Intensity of hydration: Weleda Skin Food is a more intense hydrator, providing deep and long-lasting hydration to the skin. Weleda Skin Food Light is still moisturising but provides a lighter level of hydration.
- Recommended uses: Weleda Skin Food is recommended for use on areas that require intense hydration, such as hands, feet, elbows, and knees, or as a targeted treatment for very dry or rough skin. Weleda Skin Food Light is recommended for use on the face, or as a daily moisturizer for normal to dry skin types.
Overall, Weleda Skin Food and Weleda Skin Food Light are both excellent moisturisers that are formulated with natural and organic ingredients. The main difference between the two is their texture and level of hydration, making them suitable for different skin types and uses.
Can I use Weleda Skin Food on my face?
Yes, Weleda Skin Food can be used on the face as a moisturiser. However, it is a rich and heavy cream that may be too intense for some skin types. Weleda actually offers a separate product called Weleda Skin Food Light, which is a lighter version of the original formula specifically formulated for use on the face.
Will Weleda Skin Food clog pores?
While Weleda Skin Food it is formulated with natural and organic ingredients it could possibly clog pores for some individuals.
The main ingredients in Weleda Skin Food include sunflower seed oil, beeswax, and shea butter, which are all rich and emollient oils that can potentially clog pores. If you are concerned about Weleda Skin Food clogging your pores, you may want to patch test the product on a small area of your skin first, especially if you have oily or acne-prone skin. Weleda Skin Food Light is formulated specifically for use on the face and is less likely to clog pores.
Is Skin Food Non-Comedogenic?
Weleda does not specifically market their Skin Food products as non-comedogenic, which means they have not gone through the formal process of obtaining a non-comedogenic certification for their products.
Is Weleda Skin Food good for under makeup?
Skin Food can be used as a primer to create a smooth and hydrated base for makeup application. The thick and emollient texture of the original Weleda Skin Food can help to fill in fine lines and create a smooth surface for makeup to adhere to, while also providing deep hydration and nourishment to the skin.
To use Weleda Skin Food as a primer, start with a small amount of the product and warm it up between your fingers. Gently apply it to your face in a thin, even layer, focusing on areas that tend to be dry or flaky. Allow the product to fully absorb into the skin before applying your makeup.
Because Weleda Skin Food is a rich and heavy cream, it may not be suitable for all skin types as a primer. If you have oily or combination skin, you may want to use only a small amount of the product or try Skin Food Light.
Where Can You Buy Weleda Skin Food?
We are a Health and Beauty online retailer that aim to offer you the best quality products. Fortunately, Weleda as a brand is one of them. You can add the Skin Food range to your basket here
- Weleda Skin Food is a versatile and multi-purpose product that can be used for a variety of skincare needs.
- It’s formulation is made up of skin-friendly natural and organic ingredients.
- It’s main use is to deeply hydrate and nourish the skin, helping to relieve dryness and restore a healthy, radiant complexion.
By Rhysa Phommachanh, BA (hons) Specialist Skincare and Media Makeup