Baby Care Bath Care
Bath time is a special bonding moment between you and your baby, where your little one is learning new experiences of touch and scent – it's far more than just getting squeaky clean. We offer a variety of gentle cleansers for your baby's bath time. Not only do they smell amazing, they're very gentle on the most delicate of skins. Shop our vast range of cleansing oils, gels, bubble baths and shampoo.
- La Roche-Posay Baby Lipikar Syndet AP+ 200mlSpecial Price £9.75 Regular Price £13.00
- La Roche-Posay Baby Lipikar Syndet AP+ 400mlSpecial Price £14.25 Regular Price £19.00
- Mustela Intimate Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £11.96 Regular Price £14.95
- Mustela Gentle Cleansing Gel 750mlSpecial Price £11.96 Regular Price £14.95
- Mustela Cleansing Oil 500mlSpecial Price £15.96 Regular Price £19.95
- Bioderma Atoderm Huile de Douche 200mlSpecial Price £8.25 Regular Price £11.00
- Mustela Gentle Shampoo 500mlSpecial Price £10.36 Regular Price £12.95
- Mustela Multi Sensory Bubble Bath 750mlSpecial Price £14.80 Regular Price £18.50
- Avene XeraCalm AD Lipid Replenishing Cleansing Oil 400mlSpecial Price £14.81 Regular Price £19.75
- Mustela Soothing Cleansing Gel 300mlSpecial Price £10.36 Regular Price £12.95
- Mustela Stelatopia Cleansing Oil 500mlSpecial Price £16.80 Regular Price £21.00
- Mustela Multi Sensory Bubble Bath 200mlSpecial Price £6.00 Regular Price £7.50
- Mustela 2 in 1 Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £6.00 Regular Price £7.50
- Mustela Gentle Cleansing Gel 500mlSpecial Price £8.40 Regular Price £10.50
- Mustela Gentle Cleansing Gel 100ml£3.50Out of stock
- Mustela Nourishing Cleansing Gel with Cold Cream 300mlSpecial Price £7.96 Regular Price £9.95Out of stock
- Bioderma Atoderm Huile de Douche 1000mlSpecial Price £14.25 Regular Price £19.00Out of stock
- Mustela Gentle Soap with Cold Cream 100gSpecial Price £5.20 Regular Price £6.50Out of stock
All you need to know about Bathcare
How do I bathe a newborn baby?
Bathing a newborn baby takes a slightly different approach to an older baby. A newborn baby with an umbilical cord stump needs a sponge bath. To give them a sponge bath, use flannels or face cloths, cotton wool, baby wipes and soft towels. Use warm water that contains a small amount of baby bubble bath, but do not use this to clean their face – just use pure water. At this stage, you shouldn't give a newborn baby a full soak in a baby bath. Always keep one hand under your baby whilst bathing them, and support their head at all times.
How often should I bathe my baby?
As babies don't get very grubby, they realistically shouldn't need to be bathed more than three or four times a week. It all really depends on how your baby smells and what you feel comfortable with. As long as you continuously clean their bottom every time they have a nappy change, you shouldn't need to bathe them every day in the first few months.
What temperature should I have my baby's bath water?
Because babies have very sensitive skin, you don't want to place them in very hot water, as this could cause burns, discomfort and irritation. A baby's bath water should be between 32-37 degrees Celsius. Always test the water first with a thermometer before placing your baby into it.
How long should a baby bath last?
Bathing a baby shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Bathing them for too long could make their skin dry out, especially if they have sensitive skin. To make the process quicker, use baby wipes for their face, or go for a 'top and tail' style wash.