Solgar Biotin 5000ug Vegicaps 100
Why not try...
- Lamberts Co-Enzyme Q10 200mg Capsules 60Plays a vital role in the release o ...£28.99
- Bare Biology Life & Soul Pure Omega 3 Fish Oil Daily Caps 60Who it's for: Perfect from 12 ...£28.50
Solgar Biotin contains Biotin which is a water-soluble Vitamin B. Biotin helps to promote healthy skin, nails and hair, and is necessary for certain enzymes to work properly. Biotin also supports energy production in the body, and is required for protein, carbohydrate, and fat metabolism.
Biotin is a water-soluble B-vitamin. It helps to promote healthy skin, nails and hair, and is necessary for certain enzymes to work properly. Biotin also supports energy production in the body, and is required for protein, carbohydrate, and fat metabolism.
Benefits of Biotin:
1. Strengthen hair and nails
There is a belief that Biotin can support the effects of biotin on hair growth, there’s strong evidence to support a deficiency will cause hair loss. Similarly, the vitamin also helps thicken nail cuticles and prevents breakage.
2. Improve the health of your skin
A biotin deficiency can lead to a variety of skin problems including rashes, acne, psoriasis, dermatitis and overall itchiness. B-vitamins play a key role in the function of the nervous system and do affect hormone function, which suggests why depleting biotin levels can in turn play a significant role in skin health. If skin isn’t nourished from the inside out, toxicities will form throughout the nervous system and manifest itself on the skin’s surface. This is one of the biggest signs that suggest a deficiency in biotin or vitamin B.
3. Aid in weight loss
Biotin plays a pivotal role in supporting metabolic function and works as a co-enzyme to help break down food, particularly carbohydrates. This reaction is further accelerated when biotin is paired with chromium. Your resting metabolic rate is elevated and food breaks down faster when consuming biotin, which is why there’s a link to biotin and accelerating weight loss. However, research is still preliminary and in no way does biotin act as a weight loss pill. It is still important to pair the supplement with a healthy diet and exercise regime to make sure you meet your slim-down goals. The good news: biotin is widely available and can be found in many foods such chicken, soy, walnuts, whole grains, beans and legumes.
4. Lower cholesterol
Biotin has shown to play a role in lowering cholesterol, which when too high, can lead to heart disease including heart attack and stroke. Preliminary research has shown biotin can help reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) levels.
It’s important to note that raw eggs can inhibit the absorption of biotin so if you’re drinking a raw egg shake or eat raw eggs in food, beware that it can reduce the amount of biotin you’re metabolising.
5. Regulate blood sugar
Biotin intake has been associated with helping to fight and preventing diabetes, particularly type 2. Pairing biotin with chromium has been show to have an even greater effect. A study conducted at the Alpha Therapy Center in Corpus Christi, Texas found that, “a chromium picolinate/biotin combination…can improve glycaemic control in overweight to obese individuals with type 2 diabetes; especially those patients with poor glycaemic control on oral therapy.” A 2005 study found that, “Biotin deficiency has been linked to impaired glucose tolerance and decreased utilization of glucose.”
Solgar Biotin is free of Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Soy, Yeast, Sugar, Sodium, Artificial Flavor, Sweetener, Preservatives and Color.
Please note: The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Results are not guaranteed and may vary from individual to individual.
|Ingredients||Bulking Agent: maltodextrin, Vegetable Capsule Shell: hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, Anti-caking Agents: (silicon dioxide, vegetable magnesium stearate), D-biotin.|
|Disclaimer||Please note: The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Results are not guaranteed and may vary from individual to individual.|
|Sustainability Committment||Landys Chemist is committed to creating a more sustainable world. As part of our commitment we only use recyclable materials for our packaging. That means no plastic waste and we're alway looking for ways to improve further. In addition we recycle the vast majority of our own waste. We also provide invoices electronically rather than on paper to reduce paper waste.|
As an NHS business we work tirelessly to provide support to our local community with a particular focus on those most vulnerable and in need. In addition we also support a number of local charities in North West London to try and help create a more equitable society.
Here’s what our other customers thought...
- Excellent. Always use Solgar products.
- I have always like the products of Solgar and this is no exception. Quick delivery too.
- I've noticed my hair looks better and my nails are stronger again
- I don't feel like there is any one thing that can help with hair growth, thickness and strength--and this is no exception. It made my hair thicke
- Feel the difference when I take this.
- I had a terrible hair loss problem. I've been using it with Florisene from Lamberts for 2 months. My problem has been solved.
- My American friend recommended it as a help to stop hair loss /thinning I am still in the trial period but my hair has stopped falling out !
- My hair is very thin and dry. I have ordered this item together with Paba. I have started taking these capsules at Jan 25th 2015 as per instructions o
- I have been taking Biotin 5000mcg for over a year and I have to tell you my hair is three or four time thicker than it was. Delivery from this company
- Excellent purchase. Does what it says and more!! Not only has the hair stopped falling out is also improved my skin. Its glowing! Purchased it again.
- I am trying out this product for 3 months to see if it makes a difference and so far my hair has responded well but of course it's not entirely p
- This product works! I have mixed race, frizzy hair that just wouldn't grow more than what seems as about an inch a year. I can notice a change in