Redness & Pigmentation
Birthmarks and skin pigmentation disorders affect many people around the world. Keep your skin calm and clear with our range of products to treat redness, inflammation and pigmentation, giving you confidence and your skin a new lease of life. Shop our selection of day creams, spot correctors, cleansing lotions and creams for skin that is prone to redness.
- Eucerin Anti-Pigment Skin Perfecting Serum 30mlSpecial Price £33.60 Regular Price £42.00
- La Roche-Posay Pure Niacinamide 10 Serum 30mlSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £40.00
- Eucerin Anti-Pigment Spot Corrector 5mlSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- Eucerin Anti-Pigment Night Cream 50mlSpecial Price £20.00 Regular Price £25.00
- Eucerin Anti-Pigment Day Cream SPF30 50mlSpecial Price £20.00 Regular Price £25.00
- Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation 30mlAs low as £15.00
- Vichy Dermablend Corrective Compact Cream Foundation SPF30As low as £17.25
- Vichy Dermablend SOS Corrector Concealer StickAs low as £11.25
- La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Day Care SPF30 40mlSpecial Price £21.00 Regular Price £28.00
- La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Eyes 15mlSpecial Price £21.00 Regular Price £28.00
- Avene Antirougeurs Calm Redness-relief Soothing Repair Mask 50mlSpecial Price £13.50 Regular Price £18.00
- Avene Antirougeurs Fort Relief concentrate for chronic redness 30mlSpecial Price £17.25 Regular Price £23.00
- Avene Antirougeurs Jour Moisturising Protecting Emulsion SPF30 40mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £17.00
- Avene Antirougeurs UNIFY Unifying Care SPF30 40mlSpecial Price £14.89 Regular Price £19.85
- Eucerin Anti-Pigment Day Cream Tinted SPF30 50mlSpecial Price £20.00 Regular Price £25.00Out of stock
- Avene Antirougeurs Clean Cleansing Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £10.88 Regular Price £14.50Out of stock
- Vichy Dermablend Make Up Setting Powder 28gSpecial Price £13.50 Regular Price £18.00Out of stock
- Avene Antirougeurs Anti-Redness Day Cream SPF30 40mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £17.00Out of stock
All you need to know about Redness & Pigmentation
What is hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation happens when particular areas of a person's skin are uneven in tone. These areas can be darker or lighter, and varying in size. There are many types of hyperpigmentation, including freckles, age spots and melasma. Some types of hyperpigmentation are very noticeable, and can cause a person problems with self confidence. The way different types of hyperpigmentation are treated vary greatly, and what works for one person may not work for another.
What are the causes of hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is usually caused by excessive amounts of melanin, which is the skin's natural pigment. One of the causes of hyperpigmentation is exposure to the sun's rays and UV light, as well as environmental factors such as air pollution, a person's diet, lifestyle, health and environment. A vitamin B12 deficiency has been linked to hyperpigmentation, especially in those with low meat diets. Pregnancy and contraceptive pills can also cause hyperpigmentation. If you notice hyperpigmentation in your skin, consult your GP.
How can I stop pigmentation from happening?
Reach for the sunscreen, as UV damage is one of the most common causes of hyperpigmentation. To stop your pigmentation from getting any worse, make sure you wear a daily sunscreen, even when it is cloudy. If you are having treatment for hyperpigmentation, you will most likely be advised about the importance of wearing sunscreen and using a high factor like 30 or 50, and topping it up every couple of hours.
Which brightening creams and serums can help hyperpigmentation?
Use products that contain ingredients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, glycolic acid, antioxidants and licorice root extract. These types of products can be used all year round, in summer or winter, and can help protect the skin from free radicals that exacerbate hyperpigmentation.