Sun Protection Products
It is important to wear a high SPF when going out into the sun. Whether you have fair and delicate skin that needs extra protection, you have children or just want to be more careful in the sun, our range of expert sun protection will help to protect you from harmful UV rays, so you can enjoy the sun safely.
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Post Acne Marks Protective Fluid SPF30 50mlSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Aquagel SPF30 50mlSpecial Price £26.63 Regular Price £35.50
- Eucerin Sun Kids Spray SPF50 200mlSpecial Price £15.60 Regular Price £19.50
- Eucerin Sun Fluid Mattifying Fluid SPF50+ 50mlSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Eucerin Allergy Protection Sun Creme-Gel SPF50 150mlSpecial Price £17.20 Regular Price £21.50
- Vichy Capital Soleil 3 in 1 Anti-Aging SPF50+ 50mlSpecial Price £13.50 Regular Price £18.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Hydrating Kids Lotion SPF50+ 250mlSpecial Price £16.88 Regular Price £22.50
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Dermo-Pediatrics Baby Lotion SPF50+ 50mlSpecial Price £9.38 Regular Price £12.50
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Body Milk Lotion SPF50+ 250mlSpecial Price £17.25 Regular Price £23.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Body Milk Lotion SPF30 250mlSpecial Price £17.25 Regular Price £23.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Tinted Hydrating Cream SPF50+ 50mlSpecial Price £14.25 Regular Price £19.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios UVMune 400 Hydrating Cream SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £14.25 Regular Price £19.00
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Comfort Cream SPF30 50mlSpecial Price £14.25 Regular Price £19.00
- Vichy Capital Soleil Hydrating Sun Protection Mist SPF50 200mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Vichy Ideal Soleil Children's Face and Body Gentle Milk SPF 50+ 300mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Vichy Capital Soleil Face and Body Milk SPF30 300mlSpecial Price £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Bioderma Photoderm Bronz Dry Oil SPF30 Spray 200mlSpecial Price £17.63 Regular Price £23.50
- Bioderma Photoderm Kids Spray SPF50+ 200mlSpecial Price £14.63 Regular Price £19.50
- Bioderma Photoderm After Sun Gel Cream 200mlSpecial Price £9.75 Regular Price £13.00
- Bioderma Photoderm AR Cream SPF50+ 30mlSpecial Price £13.50 Regular Price £18.00
- BioDerma Photoderm AKN Mat Fluide SPF30 40mlSpecial Price £13.50 Regular Price £18.00
- Eucerin Photoaging Control Sun Fluid SPF30 50mlSpecial Price £17.60 Regular Price £22.00
- Avene Intense Protect SPF50+ Fluid 150ml£20.00Out of stock
- Eucerin Sun Face Cream SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00Out of stock
- Eucerin Photoaging Control Sun Fluid SPF50 50mlSpecial Price £17.60 Regular Price £22.00Out of stock
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Body Spray 200mlSpecial Price £15.75 Regular Price £21.00Out of stock
- Bioderma Photoderm Tinted Aquafluid SPF50+ Light Colour 40mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00Out of stock
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Dermo-Kids Aerosol Spray SPF50+ 125mlSpecial Price £16.88 Regular Price £22.50Out of stock
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Body Lotion SPF50+ 100mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £17.00Out of stock
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF50+ Stick 9gSpecial Price £8.63 Regular Price £11.50Out of stock
All you need to know about Sun Protection
What is SPF?
SPF is short for sun protection factor, and is an indication of how much protection is in a sun lotion. For instance, if you wear a sunscreen with SPF, this gives you 30x more protection than if you wore no protection at all.
What is the difference between UVA and UVB?
UVA and UVB rays are both ultraviolet rays, but react in different ways when they come into contact with the skin. UVB rays give you sunburn, and are responsible for the redness, soreness and irritation that comes with getting caught in the sun. These types of rays only hurt the outermost layer of the skin. UVA rays go deeper into the skin and are responsible for skin ageing and skin cancer. This is why it is important to protect yourself from both types of UV rays.
Does sunscreen prevent you from getting tanned?
No sunscreen is completely 100% effective at stopping UVA and UVB rays from getting to your skin, so you will always tan when you go into the sun, or burn, depending on how your skin reacts. Whenever we expose our skin to the sun, after five minutes, melanin activation occurs, which determines the colour of our skin and how we tan.
How much and how often should I apply sunscreen?
You should apply around 6 teaspoons of sunscreen to your whole body, using a ratio of around 2mg per cm2. You should reapply this every two hours, especially if you are spending a large amount of time in the sun. If you are spending time in the sun during 12pm-2pm, you should apply sunscreen even more liberally to protect it from harsh rays.