Skincare For Sensitive Skin
If you have very delicate skin that is prone to allergic reactions, itching, redness and sore patches, it is vital that you use gentle products on it to keep it hydrated, healthy and feeling soft. Shop our range of special cleansers, micellar waters, moisturisers and masks for skin that needs a little bit of extra care from trusted brands like Vichy and La Roche-Posay.
- La Roche-Posay Hydraphase HA UV SPF 25 Rich Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £20.50 Regular Price £25.00
- La Roche-Posay Hydraphase HA UV SPF 25 Light Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £20.50 Regular Price £25.00
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream 30mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O Eye Bi-Phase Makeup Remover 125mlSpecial Price £9.00 Regular Price £12.00
- Avene Tolerance Hydra 10 Cream 40mlSpecial Price £15.38 Regular Price £20.50
- Avene Tolerance Hydra 10 Fluid 40mlSpecial Price £15.38 Regular Price £20.50
- Bioderma Hydrabio H2O Micelle SolutionAs low as £4.13
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar H Soothing Cleansing Cream 390mlSpecial Price £16.88 Regular Price £22.50
- Bioderma Sebium Sensitive Soothing Anti-Blemish Care 30mlSpecial Price £10.50 Regular Price £14.00
- CeraVe Micellar Cleansing Water 295mlSpecial Price £9.38 Regular Price £12.50
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermallergo Fluid 40mlSpecial Price £14.63 Regular Price £21.00
- Avene Cicalfate+ Restorative Protective Cream 100mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermallergo 3 Step KitSpecial Price £24.75 Regular Price £35.00
- La Roche-Posay Dermallergo Eye Cream 20mlSpecial Price £14.25 Regular Price £19.00
- Eucerin Sensitive Relief Gel-Cream 200mlSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- Avene Tolerance Extremely Gentle Cleanser 200mlSpecial Price £10.88 Regular Price £14.50
- Avene Tolerance Control Soothing Skin Recovery Cream 40mlSpecial Price £15.75 Regular Price £21.00
- Avene Tolerance Control Soothing Skin Recovery Balm 40mlSpecial Price £15.75 Regular Price £21.00
- Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel 400mlSpecial Price £15.75 Regular Price £21.00
- Bioderma Cicabio Pommade 40mlSpecial Price £6.00 Regular Price £8.00
- Eucerin Ultra Sensitive Soothing Care Cream Normal/Combination 50mlSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Refreshing Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £9.20 Regular Price £11.50
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Mild Cleansing Milk 200mlSpecial Price £9.20 Regular Price £11.50
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Clarifying Toner 200mlSpecial Price £9.20 Regular Price £11.50
- Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm 45mlSpecial Price £10.00 Regular Price £12.50
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Micellar Solution 200mlSpecial Price £9.20 Regular Price £11.50
- Bioderma Sebium Mat Control 30mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Hyaluronic Acid Serum 30mlSpecial Price £33.75 Regular Price £45.00
- La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Hyaluronic Acid Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £29.25 Regular Price £39.00
- Bioderma Atoderm Repairing Hand Cream 50mlSpecial Price £4.50 Regular Price £6.00
- Avene Mineral Fluid SPF50+ 40mlSpecial Price £13.88 Regular Price £18.50
- Avene A-Oxitive Antioxidant Cream 30mlSpecial Price £22.88 Regular Price £30.50
All you need to know about Sensitive & Allergic Skin
I have delicate skin that is prone to allergies – what product ingredients should I watch out for?
Many soaps, bath and shower gels, detergents, shampoos and even moisturisers contain chemicals and preservatives that can cause rashes and allergic reactions in some people's skin. This also extends to make-up products like nail polish containing formaldehyde. Avoid beauty products with alpha-hydroxy acids and Methylisothiazolinone, as these ingredients can cause swelling, hives, red rashes, blisters and itching. Creams with Retin-A can also cause dermatitis in some people.
How do I treat an allergic reaction on my skin?
If you have had an allergic reaction to a beauty product, you should call 999 and seek medical attention immediately if you experience shortness of breath, feel faint or dizzy, or have an increased heart rate. Hydrocortisone cream or steroid cream can help to treat the inflammation and soothe the skin, but check with your GP or pharmacist first. Wash the product off with cold water first, and use a cold compress to reduce swelling.
How can I avoid allergic reactions to skin products?
As you would with hair dye, always do a patch test if you are trying out a beauty product for the first time and you have sensitive skin. Put a small amount of product on the inner elbow and wait for up to 72 hours to see if you have any inflammation. If you experience redness, burning, swelling or itching, discontinue use. Check ingredients lists carefully too, because just because a product says it is for sensitive skin, this doesn't mean that it is safe to use.
What can I do to make my skin less sensitive?
Try to eliminate any factors that may be causing your skin hypersensitivity. You may be surprised to discover that spices, alcohol and coffee can affect how your skin behaves, as well as UV light, exposure to cold weather and wind. People with sensitive skin shouldn't use products with strong preservatives or cortisone, as this can make skin thinner and weaker.