Sensitive & Allergic Skin
If you have very delicate skin that is prone to allergic reactions, itching, redness and sore patches, it is vital that you use gentle products on it to keep it hydrated, healthy and feeling soft. Shop our range of special cleansers, micellar waters, moisturisers and masks for skin that needs a little bit of extra care from trusted brands like Vichy and La Roche-Posay.
Items 1-32 of 239
- Bioderma Cicabio Pommade 40mlSpecial Price £6.00 Regular Price £7.50
- Eucerin Ultra Sensitive Soothing Care Cream Normal/Combination 50mlSpecial Price £13.20 Regular Price £16.50
- Eucerin Ultra Sensitive Soothing Care Cream Dry Skin 50mlSpecial Price £13.20 Regular Price £16.50
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Refreshing Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Mild Cleansing Milk 200mlSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Clarifying Toner 200mlSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Eucerin AQUAporin Active SPF25 UVA 50mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £15.00
- Eucerin AQUAporin Active For Dry Skin 50mlSpecial Price £11.20 Regular Price £14.00
- Eucerin AQUAporin Active Revitalising Eye Cream 15mlSpecial Price £11.20 Regular Price £14.00
- Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm 45mlSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Micellar Solution 200mlSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Eye Makeup Remover 125mlSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Vichy Slow Age Night Cream & Mask 50mlSpecial Price £27.20 Regular Price £32.00
- Avene Physiolift Serum 30ml£31.50
- La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Hyaluronic Acid Serum 30mlSpecial Price £32.30 Regular Price £38.00
- La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Hyaluronic Acid Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £29.33 Regular Price £34.50
- Bioderma Atoderm SOS Spray 200mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £15.00
- Bioderma Atoderm SOS Spray 50mlSpecial Price £6.80 Regular Price £8.50
- Bioderma Atoderm Repairing Hand Cream 50mlSpecial Price £3.60 Regular Price £4.50
- Avène Very High Protection Tinted Mineral Fluid SPF50+ 40mlSpecial Price £12.40 Regular Price £18.50
- Avene Mineral Fluid SPF50+ 40mlSpecial Price £12.40 Regular Price £18.50
- La Roche-Posay Lipikar AP+ Stick 15mlSpecial Price £11.05 Regular Price £13.00
- Vichy Mineral 89 Fortifying and Plumping Daily Booster 50mlSpecial Price £21.25 Regular Price £25.00
- La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Repairing Balm SPF50 40mlSpecial Price £7.65 Regular Price £9.00
- La Roche-Posay Rosaliac CC Cream 50mlSpecial Price £17.85 Regular Price £21.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar H Hydrating Cleansing Cream 200mlSpecial Price £10.63 Regular Price £12.50
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Clay Mask 100mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £15.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel 400mlSpecial Price £15.73 Regular Price £18.50
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ SPF30 40mlSpecial Price £14.88 Regular Price £17.50
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Overnight Moisturiser 40mlSpecial Price £16.15 Regular Price £19.00
All you need to know about Sensitive & Allergic Skin
I have delicate skin that is prone to allergies – what product ingredients should I watch out for?
Many soaps, bath and shower gels, detergents, shampoos and even moisturisers contain chemicals and preservatives that can cause rashes and allergic reactions in some people's skin. This also extends to make-up products like nail polish containing formaldehyde. Avoid beauty products with alpha-hydroxy acids and Methylisothiazolinone, as these ingredients can cause swelling, hives, red rashes, blisters and itching. Creams with Retin-A can also cause dermatitis in some people.
How do I treat an allergic reaction on my skin?
If you have had an allergic reaction to a beauty product, you should call 999 and seek medical attention immediately if you experience shortness of breath, feel faint or dizzy, or have an increased heart rate. Hydrocortisone cream or steroid cream can help to treat the inflammation and soothe the skin, but check with your GP or pharmacist first. Wash the product off with cold water first, and use a cold compress to reduce swelling.
How can I avoid allergic reactions to skin products?
As you would with hair dye, always do a patch test if you are trying out a beauty product for the first time and you have sensitive skin. Put a small amount of product on the inner elbow and wait for up to 72 hours to see if you have any inflammation. If you experience redness, burning, swelling or itching, discontinue use. Check ingredients lists carefully too, because just because a product says it is for sensitive skin, this doesn't mean that it is safe to use.
What can I do to make my skin less sensitive?
Try to eliminate any factors that may be causing your skin hypersensitivity. You may be surprised to discover that spices, alcohol and coffee can affect how your skin behaves, as well as UV light, exposure to cold weather and wind. People with sensitive skin shouldn't use products with strong preservatives or cortisone, as this can make skin thinner and weaker.