Spots, Blackheads & Acne-Prone Skin
Keep your skin fresh and feel confident with our range of products that keep oil under control and spots and blackheads at bay. If you are prone to acne, spots and blackheads, your skin can feel irritated and sore, while looking red and inflamed. Soothe and calm your skin with our gentle range of cleansers, cleansing waters and exfoliating washes that won't upset your skin's natural PH.
Items 1-32 of 66
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Toner 200mlSpecial Price £7.60 Regular Price £9.50
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Oil Control Scrub 100mlSpecial Price £7.60 Regular Price £9.50
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Skin Renewal Treatment 40mlSpecial Price £11.20 Regular Price £14.00
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Micellar Cleansing Water 200mlSpecial Price £7.60 Regular Price £9.50
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £7.60 Regular Price £9.50
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Adjunctive Soothing Cream 50mlSpecial Price £7.60 Regular Price £9.50
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Cover Stick 2.5gSpecial Price £7.60 Regular Price £9.50
- Bioderma Sebium Mat Control 30mlSpecial Price £10.48 Regular Price £13.10
- CeraVe Foaming Cleanser 473mlSpecial Price £11.25 Regular Price £15.00
- CeraVe Foaming Cleanser 236mlSpecial Price £7.13 Regular Price £9.50
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser 236mlSpecial Price £7.13 Regular Price £9.50
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser 473mlSpecial Price £11.25 Regular Price £15.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar H Hydrating Cleansing Cream 200mlSpecial Price £10.63 Regular Price £12.50
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Clay Mask 100mlSpecial Price £12.75 Regular Price £15.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel 400mlSpecial Price £15.73 Regular Price £18.50
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo(+) Unifiant Medium 40mlSpecial Price £14.88 Regular Price £17.50
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo(+) Unifiant Light 40mlSpecial Price £14.88 Regular Price £17.50
- Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1 Cleanser 125mlSpecial Price £10.20 Regular Price £12.00
- La Roche-Posay Serozinc Spray 150mlSpecial Price £8.50 Regular Price £10.00
- Bioderma Sebium Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel 500mlSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1 Micellar Solution 200mlSpecial Price £11.05 Regular Price £13.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ 40mlSpecial Price £14.45 Regular Price £17.00
- BioDerma Sensibio DS+ Soothing Purifying Cream 40mlSpecial Price £11.60 Regular Price £14.50
- BioDerma Sensibio DS+ Soothing, Purifying Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £15.00
- Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner Corrective Concentrate 30mlSpecial Price £12.40 Regular Price £15.50
- Bioderma Sebium Purifying and Foaming Cleansing Gel 200mlSpecial Price £8.80 Regular Price £11.00
- Bioderma Sebium H2O 250mlSpecial Price £8.80 Regular Price £11.00
- Bioderma Sebium H2O 100mlSpecial Price £4.24 Regular Price £5.30
- Bioderma Sebium Global 30mlSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £15.00
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Astringent Micro-Exfoliant Lotion 200mlSpecial Price £10.63 Regular Price £12.50
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat 40mlSpecial Price £14.45 Regular Price £17.00
All you need to know about Spots, Blackheads & Acne-Prone Skin
How do I get rid of blackheads?
Blackheads are one of the most common forms of acne. Regularly cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser that contains salicylic acid, before exfoliating with a product containing BHAs and AHAs. Use a toner that will help to combat and control shine, without drying the skin (use one without alcohol), and ensure that you use a face mask or nose strips at least once a week to control enlarged pores and fight bacteria that can lead to spots. Face masks containing charcoal are particularly effective.
What is causing me to have spots?
While everyone gets spots from time to time, if you are breaking out frequently, this could be a variety of reasons. Dirty make-up brushes could be spreading bacteria around, or you might not be taking your make-up off every night, which is one of the worst offenders. Other causes of spots include not changing bed linen regularly, not getting enough sleep, not drinking enough water, and hormone fluctuations.
Why is cleansing so important if I have acne-prone skin?
Cleansing is essential to acne-prone skin because it is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, and can help to remove dirt and bacteria that can cause your skin to break out excessively. Shop for a gel formula where you can, as this will help to maintain your skin's natural balance. Anything too rich, and you could clog your pores even more. An enzyme cleanser should also be effective at removing dead skin cells, while speeding up the healing process when it comes to your blemishes.
What are the symptoms of over-cleansing my skin?
People with acne are more prone to over-washing their face to try and get rid of blocked pores and excess sebum. You shouldn't cleanse more than 2-3 times per day. If your skin feels very tight after cleansing, then you are cleansing too much. Other signs you may be over-cleansing include red skin, dry patches and more breakouts.